18

Chapter Eighteen| Lily
🌸

I jump awake when I feel someone stroking my cheek. I open my eyes and pull away when I see it's Ivan crouched in front of me.

"Morning." He grins and I furrow my eyebrows at him. "You don't need to be scared of me." He shrugs and I scoff.

"You've kidnapped me. You're crazy." I laugh hysterically and his face morphs into anger.

I stop laughing.

His wraps a hand around my throat, squeezing tightly. Fear fills my body as he moves closer in front of me.

"I am not crazy!" He growls out and squeezes his hand again before pulling away. I gasp trying to get my breath back and look away from him.

"My dad is going to kill you." I tell him and Ivan smirks.

"Just like he killed my dad?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Yeah don't look too shocked, your dad took my dad away from me."

"I-I'm sorry." I whisper and this time Ivan scoffs.

"Your lousy sorry is not going to bring my dad back." He rolls his eyes and I clench my jaw, shaking my head in disbelief.

"What about your mother?" He pulls away slightly and looks away from me.

"She died not many years after my dad was killed." He shrugs.

"Please don't kill my dad." I whisper and Ivan smirks, clicking his knuckles before rising to his full height which is well over six foot.

"No promises."

"I need to go to the toilet." I tell him and he takes a minute before nodding his head. He slowly begins to untie my restraints and as soon as he does I kick him in his balls.

"Fuck!" He drops to the floor and I don't hesitate to sprint to the door.

"No, no, no!" I whimper when I yank on the door handle that has been locked.

I turn around and see he's still on the floor clutching himself, his face bright red. I spot the balcony and run over to the double doors.

A sigh of relief escapes my lips when the doors open but my heart drops at how far down the drop is and the fact that there must be about twenty men patrolling outside.

I scream when an arm wraps tightly around my waist and a hand covers my mouth.

"I like you, Lily." Ivan whispers in my ear. "Not as innocent as you look but let's try not to make things difficult between us."

•••

"You can't starve yourself." Ivan smirks as he sits across from me on the kitchen island. "I know you suffer from seizures, it's probably best that you eat."

I grit my teeth and then slowly pick up the sandwich.

"Good girl." He winks and I roll my eyes.

I watch as a muscular bald man walks into the room and begins to talk to Ivan in a hush voice. I watch as Ivan's face morphs into annoyance.

The bald man then walks away and Ivan turns back to face me, he runs his fingers through his hair and then his smirk returns.

"Hurry up and eat, we've got places to be." He demands and I raise my eyebrows.

"Where are we going?"

"You like fight clubs, princess Lily?" My heart drops to my stomach.

Oh no.

"No. So I'll just stay here." I flip my hair and then continue to eat.

He walks around until he's next to me, he turns my chair around so I'm facing him. I look up at him with wide eyes.

"You really don't want me to throw you over my shoulder because I will." He smiles.

I tilt my head.

"Too heavy." I shrug.

"Mmm." He purses his lips.

I finish my sandwich and he's still staring.

"What's that under your armpits?" I frown and lift my arms up, trying to see if there is anything. I squeal when he lifts me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Yeah, really heavy." He says sarcastically.

"Let me go!" I yell, hitting his back.

Aleksio

"That's Ivan?" I breathe out as I look at the picture of the Russian guy. Luciano nods his head. "He has my Lily?" Luciano smirks and nods his head again.

I purse my lips and nod my head.

"Good looking." I roll my eyes at Lily's uncle, knowing he's just trying to piss me off.

"He's nothing special." I scoff.

"I'm joking with you Aleksio, chill." He laughs.

"Yeah well I don't find it funny because at this rate she might not even want to be with me after what I put her through." I sigh and rub my face in frustration.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Aleks. We all make mistakes, my husband and I, Ava and Kaden, we've all been through some type of shit." I nod my head and give him a small smile.

"I love her too much to let her go."

"Well you know how Lily is like, you'll have to buy her loads of shit to make her happy again. That little girl used to drain my bank account twenty-four seven." He shakes his head in disbelief and I laugh.

"I want to help with everything."

"No. This needs to be a smooth operation and no offence Aleks but you've got no experience." He reasons.

"But how will I learn if I don't experience anything?"

"This would be a whole different story if my niece wasn't at risk, okay." I sigh and nod my head in understanding. "Now, I've got an underground club to go visit."

"Why?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Feel like it. May as well explore Russia while we're here, might get into the fighting ring myself." He smirks, flexing his muscles.

"You're crazy." I laugh.

"Runs in the family, little man. We're crazy bastards, even the women." I smile because it's true.

Even Lily can be crazy herself.

I know she'll be able to defend herself, wherever she is.

A/N
Hi💗