24

Chapter Twenty-Four| Aleksio
🍂

"Get out." I growl out, standing up from my chair. The audacity of this guy showing his face is beyond me.

"Listen, I don't mean any harm. I just wanted to thank you and see how little Lily is." The tattooed guy holds one hand up in surrender whilst the other holds a bouquet of flowers.

"Does she fucking look okay?" I question him, furrowing my eyebrows. He sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. "Just because I decided to save your life as well that night, does not give you the right to come here and act like we're friends."

"I care about her." Ivan says and I raise my eyebrows.

"You fucking kidnapped her! What the fuck?!" I shove him back, the flowers dropping to the floor. He grits his teeth and flares his nostrils.

I shove him back again and he collides with the wall. "What the fu-" I turn to see Lily's dad staring at Ivan, his face morphs into anger. "You've got some fucking nerve." He growls out and Ivan bites his lip.

"I'm sorry." Ivan whispers.

"No, get out." Kaden says but my heart drops when the sound of Lily flatlining sounds the room. "Lily, baby." Kaden panics, rushing over to her. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He hits a red button on the wall and a few second later a bunch of doctors are rushing in.

I stare in shock.

"You need to leave." The doctor tells us and I watch as Kaden grabs his hair in frustration.

"I'm not leaving her, she needs me!" He yells and I bite my lip.

"Please sir, you need to leave."

•••

We sit in the waiting room in silence. Mrs Morello rests her head on Elena's shoulder, small whimpers escaping her lips and I automatically feel bad for her.

She's always been there for me.

Luciano looks stressed and tired and Kaden sits quietly, his leg bouncing up and down as he stares ahead.

"I don't mean any harm." Ivan whispers so only I can hear and I scoff at his words.

"You don't mean any harm but you're the reason why she's in that hospital bed." I roll my eyes at him.

"You took her to Albania." I clench my jaw at his words.

"Did you hurt her?" He quickly shakes his head.

"I could never." I slowly nod my head. "She's brave and kind."

Of course she fucking is.

"Yeah, well that's my Lily." I mutter and he nods, playing with his hands. "She's been through too much."

"I am sorry."

"Yeah, well tell her that when she wakes up."

The doctor walks in and we all sit up. "How is she? Is she okay?" I blurt out and the doctor looks at us with so much sadness my heart begins to break.

"I'm sorry. She didn't make it." He informs us and I bite my trembling lip. A loud cry escapes Ava's lips but Kaden he just stares ahead in silence.

Complete utter silence and that's scary.

"Kaden?" Luciano sniffles, touching his shoulder but he doesn't move. "Bro." Kaden blinks and then he drops to his knees, a loud sob escaping his lips.

"That's my little girl." He whispers and I have to look away from him.

She's gone.

Lily's dead.

Because of me.

A small whimper escapes my lip and I jump when an arm wraps around my shoulder.

I look to Ivan who is giving me a sad smile. "Don't blame yourself." He whispers and I shake my head.

"She didn't deserve any of this." I cry. "She's the only girl I've ever loved, she's what kept me breathing everyday." I release a shaky breath.

I jump awake, my breathing heavy.

"Woah, you alright?" Ivan questions and I jump up from my chair.

"Lily? Where's Lily?!" I panic and Kaden stands up, looking at me in concern.

"The doctors haven't come back yet. You okay?" He questions and I take a deep breath and nod my head.

"Just had a bad dream." I shake my head and compose myself.

She's not dead.

It takes around another twenty minutes before the doctor walks in and my heart begins to race. She has to be okay.

"She's awake."

She's awake?

She's awake!

"She's fucking awake! Good old princess!" Luciano yells in victory and I smile.

My baby is alive.

"Let me see my daughter." Kaden demands and the doctor gulps nervously before nodding his head.

I follow after them and my heart fills with so much love when I see Lily sat up on the bed, her eyes wide. She's actually breathing on her own.

She really is okay.

"Princess." Kaden whispers and rushes over to her. Her eyes begin to water and she throws her arms around him.

"Where's mummy?" She whimpers and Ava walks in the room, already crying.

I watch with a small smile as she's reunited with her parents.

"Don't do that shit to me again, Lily! Honestly one day you're going to kill me off with a heart attack." Kaden sighs.

Lily's eyes then land on me and my heart flutters.

"Aleks!" She exclaims.

"Lily, take it easy!" Her dad scolds and she rolls her eyes.

I walk up to her. "Hi." I whisper nervously.

Her lips tremble and she moves to make space on the bed and then opens her arms up for me.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you, you've just woken up." I question.

"Let's give them some space." Ava tells her husband and Kaden hesitates before slowly nodding his head.

"What the hell? He just leaves without questioning you? Did something happen while I was half dead?" Lily asks in shock and I smirk.

I lay next to her, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"I love you, Aleks." She whispers and I begin to cry, resting my head on her chest.

"I thought I'd lost you." I whimper.

"I'm here." She says, whilst stroking my hair.

"I love you so much, Lily. Please don't leave me, ever."

"I promise."

A/N
Cute💗