Cross's Day 3

You wake up snuggling your Cross and Chara plushie on your bed. You remember waking up for a bit last night to brush your teeth and head to bed, but that's about it.

You wander down the hall to the living room where you find Chara looking into a small black box. He jolts and whips around to face you, quickly closing the box before you could see what's inside it. "*Oh... It's you. Sorry, kid I just... I guess I'm a bit jumpy.*"

You smile lightly before sitting down next to him. "Want to talk about it?" Chara hums closing his eyes. "*Yeah, I was planning on telling you today, anyway.*"

You turn to face him fully. "Story time." You whisper to yourself. Chara chuckles lightly as he settles down. "*Right, where to start...*"

"*I suppose I should start by explaining that when my universe was created only myself, Frisk, and Gaster were there. We were given a unique ability called Overwrite and our creator had a huge idea for the AU, but... They never finished. So, Gaster began trying to use our ability to create a world that we could grow up in.*"

/////////////////////

Chara smiles as he plays with Frisk and Asriel in the garden behind the castle. "Hey! Wait up guys!" Asriel calls out tripping over his feet as he runs.

Chara laughs as he turns around, running backwards now. "The point of the game is to catch up to us! So, do it!" Asriel whines as he slows to a stop. Frisk furrows his eyebrows as he stops and walks over to the young prince. "Are you okay, Azzy? You know Chara isn't trying to be mean."

Asriel nods and smirks. "Yeah, I know. Also, YOU'RE IT!!" Asriel calls as he pushes Frisk slightly, running off laughing. "Hey, no fair! I thought you were actually hurt!" Frisk calls out after the prince, laughing slightly.

---------

A grown Chara stands side by side next to a grown Asriel and Frisk. They over look the growing city with satisfied smiles. The three's matching heart lockets shine in the light.

That is, until everything goes white. Chara and Frisk are back in the white void they started out in, back to how old they were too.

"Gaster, what did you do that for?!" Chara asks turning to face him.
"The world was simply a test, and it did well. I want to create the perfect world for you two children."

Chara glares at Gaster, but Frisk puts a hand on his shoulder. "Calm down, Chara. There's nothing we can do about it now." Chara sighs and his shoulders droop. "Fine."

-----------------

The next time Chara and Frisk grew close to Toriel. They kept close to her and loved the motherly attention she gave, but Chara was disappointed that Asriel wasn't the person he was before.

Toriel comforts Chara as he jolts up from a nightmare. "Shhhh. It's alright my child. I shall be right here whenever you need me."
Chara wipes his tears away as he hands the queen a familiar necklace.

----------------

Chara grew reserved and tried to stay away from this new Toriel and Asriel. Ashore comes over to comfort him. Time and time again. Taking care to be gentle and understanding.

"Dad? Can... Can I give you something?"

"Of course my child, what is it?"

----------------

Chara becomes close to then looses Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, Muffet, Nabstablook, and Mettaton.

The final time was when Sans was given the locket, the symbol of Chara's friendship. This time, Chara and Sans fought with Gaster to try and wrestle away the Overwrite button, they only got half.