CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

HIS

"A Psychologist. That's her dream that she chose to turn back because of her responsibility. Lady Psy was the daughter from a large syndicate but she fell to a man under the law. She chose him but he never did. So in the end, she was killed by her own and later did know that that man also died from protecting her. How tragic it was, right?"

Napatigil sana sa pagkatok si Einver sa pintuan nang marinig si September. He quietly took a peek inside and saw her and the Detective talking, so he quietly withdraw his hand and sit on the cold floor. He lean his upper body on the wall just beside the door and listen to the conversation.

"When she died, I thought it was the end. That was supposed to be my last fight. I am eager to be better because she's with me but when she died, I died once again too. Pero ang sama lang ng pagkakataon dahil may dumating na isang tao at sinabi ang tungkol sa mana na binilin niya para sa'kin. I don't need it. I just want her but I can't do anything. Even if I want to refuse, before she died, she wished for me to be the person that she badly wants to be. Then, I became in that profession because of her."

Tahimik niyang kinuyom ang mga kamao nang marinig ang tono ng boses nito. The longing tone lingers on her voice and it clearly says how much she misses the person. Bigla namang sumagi sa isipan niya ang sinabi nitong ginagawa sa kaniya para makatulog.

'When I was in high school. My grandma always sing a song, caress my hair and hug me. It helps me to relax and calm so that I'll be able to sleep.'

Ito ba yung sinasabi nitong taong nagpapakalma sa kaniya?

"But those vanished because of my past again. I-I thought I was saved but no, I'm still locked inside the cage. The chain of my past became visible and made me imprison again."

"What happened?"

He heard her sigh in grief. "I saw her again. The person who brought me to that prison. May . . . my sister."

"Your sister?"

"Hmmm. Biological sister. Nang makita ko siya sa ospital na yun parang bumalik lahat lahat sa'kin. Anxiety drowned me and it won. It made me doubt everything until flashes of memories started to haunt me. The night when I was with my brother kept on playing on my mind like a broken stereo. It won't stop even if I distracted myself too much. All my efforts went in vain after I saw her. Their words- monster. I am a monster. Paulit-ulit. Paulit-ulit at pilit na sinasampal sa'kin na ganun ako."

"That triggered me to start killing again. Just like that, everything turned into a worst reality. And here I am, readying myself to be thrown back to the square one- jail."

Tinukod niya ang isang kamay sa sahig at pasekretong sumilip sa maliit na butas. September is still sitting on the bed with her folding knees and Detective Aves is beside her- listening attentively.

Even if she looks uncomfortable telling her story, her eyes seems calm. Like she's fine telling everything what's on her mind because she's with the person that she can be with at ease.

Unlike him, who only caused damages and havoc on her life. It's no wonder why she refused talking to him.

"Nikolai . . ."

He stilled. So they're on their first name calling basis? Are they friends enough for her to trust him too much?

He can feel the slight bitterness on his mouth but he discarded that feeling off and continue to listen.