CHAPTERE EIGHTEEN

For this chapter and for the future chapters until the last, listen to this music to feel the story. :")

Distance by Sophism OST

HIS

Four days later . . . .

"HER HEARING will be held the day after tomorrow."

"That's good. The earlier the better." malamig niyang sagot kaya napabuntong hininga naman ang kapatid at aakmang magsasalita pero inunahan niya.

"Don't bother saying anything to defend her. That'll never gonna work."

His sister's expression lost and became blank in instant and look away on him.

"You're obviously on her side that you almost forgot to visit Nana." matigas niyang ani.

"Hindi mo kasi naiintindihan-"

"And I don't want to understand her! Chille, how could you act like this? Does Nana meant nothing to you? Her burial is already tomorrow but you care too much to that lunatic-"

"Einver, don't call her that." She firmly cut him off. "I told you that you knew nothing. Nana suffered, you also suffered but how about her?! She was-"

"Shut it out! I don't want to hear nonsense anymore!"

"But Nana is dead and tomorrow will be her last day. Let her rest!" marahas siyang umiling dahil sa narinig.

"I can't until I'll saw that murderer rot!"

Pagak itong tumawa. "You want her dead?" Chille stood up from the visitor's seat on his office and stared at him blankly.

"You want her to rot then why aren't you doing anything? You want her dead but you're not doing it. Why? What is stopping you? I thought you loathe her."

He stiffened. "Cat got your tongue?" ngumisi ito. "Your pride and your grieve on Nana's death is eating you up but you're not doing anything. Fine. Loathe her all you want. Ganyan ka naman lagi eh." saka siya iniwan sa loob ng opisina niya ng hindi magpapaalam.

Walang buhay naman niyang sinandal ang sarili sa swivel chair at tumingala. His eyes held helplessness and exhaustion as he stared at the ceiling.

Just to be honest on himself, he's already tired dealing this. From the grief of Nana's death, the force arrange marriage that will soon be held with Sireina, the responsibilities on being an Heir on McNamara, his sister's complains . . . and her.

For the last four days had passed, he drowned himself to help in Nana's wake. Gusto niyang bumawi lalo na sa mga panahong hindi niya ito nasasamahan.

And the truth is, he's also feeling guilty . . . because Nana once warned him about her but he rejected the idea.

She was trying to tell me the truth but I was blinded by that lunatic's manipulation. He clench his jaw upon remembering that day.

"YOU SEEM so close to that doctor, huh?" Napatigil siya sa pag-upo nang marinig iyon.

"Me and September?" tanong niya at umupo. They're in the hospital's cafeteria since he refused to go to the restaurant nearby to eat lunch. Hindi siya pwedeng pumunta sa malayo dahil baka kung ano na naman ang mangyari sa doktora at hindi niya kaagad ito mapuntahan.