[fourteen]

"younghyun, buy me soy sauce please."

the sound of his sweet dear mother woke him up. guess who isnt on second floor anymore. "why?"

"because im making food for your breakfast. dont you want that?" mrs. kang sighed as she threw a pair of sweatpants for her to wear. "why dont you do it yourself?"

"because i cant drive."
"thats a lie."
"i know i have a chancla somewhere here."
"that too, is a lie."

"ill get it then mom." jisung sounded from the other side of the house. since jisung can drive now, younghyun never drove him to school. it wasnt even a large distance; the school is a two minute walk from their small house.

three years past, and he hasnt heard a single word from his father. yes, they moved to canada but that doesnt stop him from never going home. its just crazy for younghyun to work and never eat his mom's food, and that is exactly what his dad is aiming for. in less than a year, the family can afford to buy a lambo, but they managed to buy a small house to live in until forever. or maybe its just younghyun and growing jisung who ate so much they ran out of money.

about jisung, he managed to move out of school and focused more on studying rather than playing with his friends. he never stopped contacting minho though, and called him constantly. but for younghyun, things seem to change a whole lot and he had to bear with it.

at school, he started his own band with a bunch of his canadian friends who he became friends immediatly after going home from forst day of eleventh grade. since then, they performed several times during christmas and a few more after every end of the school year. now that he is on his first year of college, he rarely put his old guitar to use. either he's too busy, or that he started playing with his new bass that he earned himself.

"jisung, arent you going to school?" younghyun asked, wearing a hoodie that's two sizes too big for him and walked off, taking the money off of the younger boy's hands. "ill go get it. besides, i want strawberry milk."

the trip wasnt that fascinating as he was slowly driving his car towards the convenience store. parking on the space provided his hands travel towards the handle and a gust of wind hit his face. he sighed and greeted the cashier as he gave him a smile. "arent you going to work today?" said the woman.

ah yes, i forgot about that (a/n: but really though i shouldve added this but that didnt work out). younghyun worked too, even if their family is a wealthy one he chose to have work experince. "not today. it's a sunday."

"oh well. are you here for the strawberry milk? i have it here behind the counter because you asked for it." the woman explained as she took her thicc hair band and tied her golden brown hair back so she wouldnt have to see hair when she reach down for the pack of milk. "six? are you sure about that?"

"yeah. since we ran out of it a lot."
"but seriously though, who drinks strawberry milk in canada? and most importantly, why do i ahve to reserve some for you when no one's buying it?"

"sometimes i still feel like i live in korea." younghyun sat on the chair behind the counter as he laughed to himself, finding a straw so that he can take a sip out of the container. "anyways, i have to leave. ill take soy sauce as well." the young boy walked out of the cashier area and looked through the transparent window. what he saw was something so terrifying he began to breath manually.

"thatll be-"
"heres twenty dollars bye!"
"but its only fifteen-"
"keep it you deserve it!"

the woman behind the counter sighed, looking at the brand new sheet of money, and put it inside her pocket. you know, for some extra food.

is that jae. thats really jae!

younghyun laughed to himself as he ran past a few poeple who walked and some who took bikes. he wasnt even using his car as he didnt want to get lost while driving. thats so him. hoodie, glasses, chicken like features, and-

"what the hell?"

"jae you're- oh. s-sorry."
...

minsung should have their own book afgjhs if i have time