[four]

"jaehyung park?" he asked to himself. right after that, he jumped from his seat almost dropping his guitar when he realized that the boy is sitting next to him. "yes?"

"n-no nothing, seriously. I thought you joined theatre." younghyun stuttered. the boy wore a yellow hoodie this time, unlike the usual black and grey that he wore closing his head. "I loved guitar ever since I was a kid."

when he was a kid. he did too, but that is because he saw the school concert winning first place. his eyes glittered when he saw the guitarist strumming the guitar producing beautiful sounds that bring peace to his heart. ever since then, when he has some spare time, he would make his own song which include lyrics and sang to himself. sometimes jisung would hear it too and applaud.

it's the second time he's been on stage with an instrument in hand, but last year he won fourth place since he didn't have anyone to play with and he was very shy. "okay, maybe you should start with these ones." the younger hands a sheet of paper from his bag to jae, who took it and scanned the paper. "I can try it now."

[a/n: start playing letting go by day6 (or use the YouTube video above)]

"really?" younghyun's eyes shone bright when jae started picking his guitar and place the paper on a stand.

Hal mal isseo boja hagon
Amu mal eopsi maju anja
Jigeum meorissogen
I mareul haeya hana mana
Wonhaji anhjiman

the voices of both the instrument and soft voice of younghyun's rang in the silence, bringing silence of voices from other people. the older smiled as he closed his eyes, listening to every note that came from his hands. everyone stopped to listen.

it just them. their voices connect their hearts, souls, and mind. younghyun could feel his voice slowly getting softer and his hands relax instead of being tense like he always does when he sings. he didn't know whether people are staring at him, he didn't care. he didn't care. his voice is the one that takes over his body. it's not even his line but he continues. use kept looking at the sheet of paper that belonged to younghyun, which meant something to him. like a diamond, the most precious priceless diamond no one except him, should belong to. it's the first song that matters to him, he always folded it into four and place it in his bag, and when he had time to play his guitar he would play it, strumming like what jae did in front of him right now. it's very beautiful, the piece.

Gwaenhi saenggaknaneun uri
Useumyeo jangnanchideon naldeul
Neomudo sojunghan
Gieokdeuri gadeuk chaolla
Wonhaji anhjiman

younghyun stopped, looked at the boy who's playing the guitar, and saw a small smile plastered on his lips, eyes still closing. he memorized it. as he finished the first page of the song, he could hear applaud and see smiles from the audience because he opened his eyes to see people staring at him in admiration, his voice moved a lot of people like magnets.

the song. it's been a hard ride for him. especially in his life. failing acedemics, harsh words coming from people's mouths that hurt him like a spear in his heart. it left a hole, a hole that can never be mended and will never be repaired. he knew that his life is almost over, but he wrote. the first few aren't great, he didn't have it out to someone else and have them read. the guitar meant something for him, and it stopped him from letting go of his life, his ruined, awful, destroyed, name every bad adjective, heart. songs are the reason being heart still beats until now, you might never know what trouble he has been in and how hard life is for this boy. every step of the way in his life, he took it with music. music calmed him down, music knows what he is feeling. he started making his own, word by word, note by note, sound by sound.

Butjapgo itneun geon
Neol wihan ge
Anin geol algie eokjiro neoreul mireonae
Hamkkehan siganeul uri chueogeul
Noha noha noha
Eonjenga useul su itge

but as if the world looked like it's stopped like a movie, they're looking at each other.

...

he didn't even believe that happened.

he's been staring on the road for a long time now, he didn't want to see jae walking towards his own house, but it's good that he went left to pick up jisung.

"bro."

"broski."

"kang younghyun my bro."

"can you even hear me you-"

jisung hit him on the shoulder to make him realize where he is. "w-what?"

"you're not moving the car."
"oh shit you're right."

"no profanities, please." someone from the back said as he smiled, looking up from his book. "wait-"

"why are you bringing minho with you?" younghyun asked, tapping his little brother back slightly. "that's because he wants to go to my house for a project you dummy. let's go were killing time!"

"y-yeah. we should go. now."

the entire ride, younghyun felt exhausted. he's sweating, his eyes are slowly dying. but it took them less then ten minutes before stepping in front of the door. jisung and minho stood near the door while younghyun took the key and opened it, ruffling jisungs hair as he went in.

alright. where's that guitar? I have an inspiration.

he walked up the stairs to his room, hearing laughs from across. jisung. younghyun's wondering what are the two kids doing, work or watching derp videos. who cares. they're having fun, unlike me.

the door is widely open so the older can just walk it and close it. he sat down on the bed and grabbed his bag, taking a small laptop out and started clicking on the keyboard.

hope he can play this soon.

...