[seventeen]

"shut up."
"let's go to hell!"

"mom you're drunk." jaehyung carried her, hips on his shoulders, as she try to wiggle free from his grasp. her son could only try to not let her go, just in case she falls down. it was a monday morning. not really a morning, but a dawn. his mom drank and woke up drinking again, which was a normal sight to see for a boy who has lived with her for 19 years.

putting his mother down to a large, dirty sofa, jaehyung sighed deeply and saw that his mother is trying her best not to throw him her empty beer bottle that she has been holding ever since she woke up. "why are you doing this to me! just kill me already!" she shouted in anger, pushing her body out of the sofa, falling down to the rug that she threw up on a few times. "why won't you shut up? I have classes today and you're making me sick." he took her again, this time to her bed, and pulled her clothes down so she wouldn't strip herself off.

"mom, stop it. I need to go to-"
"stop touching me!"
"I'm trying to fix your clothes!"

mrs. park stopped what she was doing and dropped herself to the bed. jaehyung was quite fast to catch her before placing her down slowly. "did she pass out?"

oh well. the boy thought. at least I can have time for myself.

jaehyung walked out of the house, smelling the sweet scent of bread. someone's opening the shop early.

he stopped his tracks seeing a young boy running to him. "woosung."

"hello!" he waved happily as he walked beside the older boy. "how was your mother? I made hangover soup for her but when I walked to the doorstep I can hear-"

"beer bottles thrown to a distant wall? yeah, I can definitely hear that from miles away. or meters. this town is way too small to not hear things." jaehyung smiled as he saw the sun rising from the east. "I've heard too much."

"well," woosung walked a little faster because jaehyung has very long legs and he's trying to catch up, "you should send her to the healing center. I think that helps, but it costs a whole lot of money. I can pay for you!"

jaehyung thought that it would make him home alone, which is better because with his mom around he can't do things like homework or cook because all he have to care for is his mom. "good idea?"

woosung ran towards jaehyung to catch up with him once again. "I know it is."

when it's night, he should be checking his phone. it wasn't charged like any normal day, because he forgot about it most of the time. it's likely that he not going to care if he loses his phone. it's not like it mattered to him anyways.

he opened the messenger app, and there he saw something that could not possibly happen. he would die if this is real:

bri☁️ has like your reply!
bri☁️ has sent you a message!

fuck.
...

messed up chapter again sorry lmao