Acceptance

You hear a beeping sound. You feel something sticking from your arm.

-Doctor! She's starting to wake up. Come quick! You recognized that voice, it was your neighbor. The doctor walks in.

-Can you hear me, miss? The doctor asked.

-Yes. You replied. His voice was familiar.

-You've been in a coma for a month now. It's already January. He said.

-I missed Christmas? You asked, relieved. You hated being around Christmas.

-Yeah, but not your presents. Your family came and left them here. How are you feeling?

-Confused, you still haven't answered my question. You told him.

-What question? He asked, puzzled.

-Wood's not black, right? Why is your last name Blackwood? You said, smiling.

-Oh, that! Please, don't scratch my face again. He said, laughing.

-Don't worry, I won't. But, why hide that from me? I did that to mom? You asked.

-You remembered that!? Oh, my. This is not good. He said, worried.

-I'm not going to say anything, relax. I just want to know. You replied.

-Sadly, yes, you did. But you have gotten better over the years, right? Have you been drinking your pills? He asked.

That was a good question. You haven't drank anything in the last 8 months. You ran out of them and you never told your father.

-Not really. You finally said.

-I'll give you some more pills. You need to drink them every day, no matter what, okay? The doctor said.

-Okay. When do I get discharged? You asked.

-Always in a hurry, I see. If everything goes well, I can let you go in a week. He said.

-Good, I hate hospitals. You said, laughing.

Your chest started hurting a little.

-Be careful, you still have stitches. The doctor said.

-What will happen to me after I get out, dad's dead. You asked.

-I can look over you, if you don't mind. You don't have to move in, but you can if you want to. Your neighbor said.

-Thanks, I'll stay home. You replied.

You were discharged after five days. You went home and it looked like nothing happened. There's no blood stains, nothing. Everything was the way it used to be. You looked at the rail, and smiled. You went upstairs and entered Alex's room. There was no blood on the walls, either, it was all clean. You started thinking about Jeff, wondering if he was going to come back. I can't wait, you thought to yourself. You missed fighting with Jeff, but at least you had scars to remind you of him. You touched your chest and couldn't help but smile.

You went down to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water. You drank your medicine and felt your happiness go away. You were annoyed. No wonder you felt miserable all these years, the pills made you like this. You flushed the remaining pills down the toilet. You sighed and sat in your brother's bed.

I was born a killer, killing makes me happy, why should I deny it? You thought. There's nothing wrong if you killed those that deserved it. Nothing wrong at all, you would be doing the world a favor. You felt happy, finally accepting your fate. You were a killer, and nothing else but killing was going to make you happy. But, you had no experience in killing people. You needed someone to teach you how to do this. Jeff! You thought. He can help you, he did seemed interested in you.
You needed to find Jeff, but didn't know where to look. You, then realized that he would come to you, you just needed to wait. Wait for Jeff.