I. Karma's A Bitch

Emilia

"Big brother," I answer the call on my phone, and bring it up to my ear. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" I open the bottle of bourbon on my console table and pour myself a glass.

"Dimples," I could hear the small smile in his voice. "I need your help."

"What's up?" I asked, slightly concerned. I hadn't spoken to any of them much since I left Mystic Falls after a certain five-foot-seven brunette and her vampire-hunter brother got me killed. "Is everything okay? Are you okay? Is Stef okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, and Stefan's fine," he said. "We need your help with Elena."

I scoffed. "You're kidding, right?" I had absolutely no interest in helping a self-centered bitch who didn't give a damn if I or somebody I cared about died, as long as she got what she wanted.

"Look, I know she's not your favorite person right now, but Katherine killed Jeremy and stole the cure, and she turned her emotions off."

"Huh. Remind me to send Kat a thank you gift."

"Oh, come on," he said. "You're still on that?"

"What can I say?" a small smirk on my lips, as I took a sip of my drink. "Karma's a bitch, and so am I."

"Millie..." he tried.

"She got her brother to kill Kol, and got me killed in the process, D. How did you expect me to react?"

"Okay, I see your point, but can you put it aside for a second and help your big brother out?" he asked.

I scoffed, and shook my head. "You're really gonna play that card, huh?"

"Depends," he said. "Is it working?"

I let out a sigh, and gave in. "What can I do?"

"I was hoping you would know some witch in New York who could do a locator spell."

I titled my head slightly. "If all you need's a locator spell, why not have Bonnie do it? I'm sure she'd be much more interested in helping your precious Elena."

"Bon bon is preoccupied and all the way in Mystic Falls," he said.

"And where are you?" I asked.

"New York. I came here with Elena and ch-"

"You're in New York?" I cut him off. "How could you not tell me you were in New York?"

He ignored my question completely, and I couldn't blame him. I was purposely trying to get off topic. "As I was saying," he continued. "I came here with Elena to let her feed and chase a lead to find Katherine. Unfortunately, her and her new Original bff uncovered my plans, used my own tricks against me, and stole my car."

"Wait, wait, wait," I said. "Elena's working with an Original?"

"Blondie-Bex."

I set my glass of bourbon down. "Rebekah? But she hates Elena. Maybe even more than I do. Why would she ever team up with her?"

"Because she wants the cure," he said. "And no humanity, stone cold bitch Elena is more than glad to let her take it, so Stefan and I can't use it on her."

"So you want to do a locator spell to find them before they find the cure."

"Bingo," he said. "You got a witch in New York?"

"Not a witch, but I think I may know someone," I replied. "Meet me in Brooklyn in ten minutes."

"Thank you."