Part 18: Grandma Jennifer

"Babe, your phone is ringing," Stella said, very tired.
It was 2 in the morning, Stella was woken up by Kelly's phone ringing. "Who is calling you at 2 in the morning," asked Stella, turning on the bedside light. "I have no idea," Kelly said, answering his phone.
U= unknown
K=Kelly
U: Kelly Severide?
K: yes, who is this?
U:  this is Dr. Will Halstead, from Chicago Med.
K: Is everything Okay?
U: There was a horrible accident, You need to come to Med, it's your mom.
K: What happened?
U: I'm sorry I can't give you that information over the phone. I could lose my job if I told you that for your mom's safety.
K: I'll be there as soon as possible
The call ends
"What was that about," asked Stella. "My mom was in a horrible accident, I need to get to Med," told Kelly. "I'll be there as soon as Incan get a sitter for the kids," told Stella. Kelly got out of bed, put clothes on. He gave Stella a kiss. "I love you," told Stella. "I love you too," told Kelly.
Stella called around and finally got a sitter to come over and watch the kids so she could go to the hospital.
"Hello, When is the room of Jennifer Sheridan," asked Stella. "I'm sorry, how are you related to ms. Sheridan," asked the nurse. "I'm her daughter- in law, her son is my husband, Kelly Severide, I'm Stella Severide," told Stella, in a hurry. "She's in room 112, I'll show you there," told the nurse.
When they got to the room, it was glass doors, Stella stood outside the room for a second. She saw Jennifer connected to a lot of machines, Kelly was sitting by her bedside holding her hand, with his head almost in his lap. "You can go in," told the nurse. "I know thank you," told Stella. She opened the door and Kelly looked at her and started to cry. She sat next to him and rubbed his back. "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere," told Stella. He hugged her putting his head into her shoulder crying.
Few hours later
Jennifer hasn't been doing very well, Kelly and Stella are cuddled up on the couch sleeping. Stella is on the side of Kelly almost on top of him. She had her alarm set for 6. For she could go home and get the kids ready for school and drop Hazel off at daycare.
Her alarm went off and Kelly jumped off the couch. "Hey, it's okay," told Stella. Kelly looked at her and almost started crying. "Come here," told Stella. He laid back down next to her and she kissed his head and played with his hair, while he cried. " I need to go, I want to be home to take the kids to school, but as soon as I'm done I'm coming right back here," told Stella. "Okay," "I love you," told Stella. "I love you, too," Kelly said. Before Stella left she gave him a kiss and wiped the tears off his face.
"Goodmorning," told Maggie. "Morning, will you please call me if anything changes, I have to take the kids to school," asked Stella. "Of course," told Maggie.
When Stella got home, she went to wake the kids up. They were going to a new school and loved it. "Zane, time to wake up," told Stella. "Okay, momma Stella," Zane said, jumping out of his bed. "Well, someone is excited for school," told Stella. "Me and my friend Zach are doing our project today," Zane said. "That's awesome bud," told Stella. "Where is dad," asked Zane. "Umm, dad is at the hospital with Grandma Jennifer," Stella told Zane. "Is grandma okay," asked Zane. "We're not sure yet," told Stella. "I hope she is okay," told Zane. "Hey, don't you worry, think about how fun your project is going to be," reminded Stella. "Yeah, it's going to be so fun," told Zane. "Go brush your teeth, I have to wake your sisters," told Stella. Zane went to brush his teeth and Stella went to Olivia's room. "Goodmorning, time to get ready for school," greeted Stella. "Where's daddy, he said he would give me good morning cuddles," asked Olivia. "Daddy is at the hospital with grandma," explained Stella. "Is grandma okay," asked Olivia. "Me and daddy don't know yet," told Stella. "I think she will be okay, grandma is strong," told Olivia. "When did you get so smart," asked Stella. Stella's sassy attitude came out of Olivia, "I was born this way." "Oh really," asked Stella. Olivia laughed and asked "will you give me good morning cuddles?" "Of course, but only for a little," told Stella. Zane walked in the room, with his teeth brushed and his clothes on. "Mom, I got dressed, I just need my hair done," told Zane. "Okay, good job, we will do your hair in a minute buddy, do you want to wake Hazel," asked Stella. "Yes, please," told Zane. "Okay, go wake her up, I'll be there in a second," told Stella. Zane went to wake Hazel up. Stella kissed Olivia's head, and held her in her arms. "Okay, I need you to brush your teeth and get dressed and go to the bathroom for we can do your hair," told Stella. "Okay, momma," told Olivia. She gave her mommy a kiss on the lips and did what she said. Stella got Hazel dressed and did Olivia and Zane's hair.
She dropped them off at school and daycare. He started to ring as she parked her car at Med.
M= Maggie
S= Stella
S: hello?
M: Stella?
S: Maggie, is everything okay?
M: Can you get to Med? Jennifer is doing a lot better
S: in the parking lot right now
M: good
Stella ended the call and hurried inside Med.
She walked into Jennifer's room.
"My beautiful Daughter-in Law," told Jennifer, the nurse was checking her memory. "Her memory is fine," Kelly joked. "I told you," told Jennifer. Stella went and stood by Kelly. He put his arm around her and kissed her forehead. "Do you remember what happened," asked the nurse. "The light was green so I went and and the other car had a red light, I remember the car rolling a few times then being in the ambulance," said Jennifer.
"Yes, you had the right away, the cameras caught that," told the nurse. "When can I go home," asked Jennifer. "Later today, more and likely," told the nurse.
A few hours later
Jennifer was discarded from Med, Kelly and Stella stopped her off at her house. "Mom, let us know if you need anything, I love you," told Kelly. "I love you, too son," told Jennifer.
Stella and Kelly went home and took a nap. They were laying in their bed cuddling. "Thanks for being there for me," told Kelly. "Of course I was there, I made you a promise when we got married that was for better or worse, of course I was there. I love you, I love her," told
Stella. "I love you so much," told Kelly. She gave him a kiss. They took a nap.
After a few hours they were up and on their way to get their kids from school. Olivia ran into her daddy's arms, "hi daddy, how's grandma," asked Olivia. "Grandma is fine," told Kelly. "Ok," told Olivia. He picked her up and gave her a kiss. "I'm sorry I missed our good morning cuddles," told Kelly. "It's okay daddy, mommy gave me good morning cuddles," told Olivia, kissing her daddy's cheek. "Did she," asked Kelly. "Yes," told Olivia. Kelly laughed. Zane ran out of the classroom. "Hi, dad," said Zane. "Hi buddy," "how's grandma," asked Zane. "Grandma is fine," told Kelly. "That's good," told Zane. "Let's go to the daycare to wait for momma and Hazel," told Kelly. He carried Olivia and Zane held his hand while they walked downstairs to the daycare. "Hi, my baby," told Kelly, when he saw Hazel with Stella. As Hazel heard his voice she got a big smile on her face. "Hi momma Stella," told Zane. "Hey sweet boy, how was your project," asked Stella. "It was so much fun," Zane. "That's awesome sweet boy," told Stella.
They went home and started homework.
Zane was learning how to add and subtract small numbers. Olivia had homework about colors. "Mom, can you please help me," asked Zane. "Of course buddy," told Stella. She helped him with his homework while Kelly helped Olivia. Hazel was napping in her swing.