Chapter 4: Unintentional

Shirou tried going to sleep multiple times. Shifting around trying to find a comfortable sleeping position. Around the fourth try he gave up and looked at the time,
"03:00. Huh."

Shirou stood, and walked to the roof to take a breather. He paused at the door.

"@#%^?!"
He forgot that Michiru owned the top bedroom.
Could I sneak in? I don't want to go all the way around the building to reach the roof.

...

Michiru shuffled in her sleep.
She dreamt of some random person swearing at her.

...

He trudged down the steps quietly and opened the downstairs door. Inhaling the cold night air as he stepped outside.

"What a nice night."
Fingering for a crack on the brick wall he swiftly jumped up on the roof with a light thud.

Walking to the left corner of the roof he sat down with Michiru's bedroom door behind him.
He thought about what the possible heck could keep him awake. He was a heavy sleeper. Legs dangling off the wall he set his head on his hand.
What could keep me awake?

Yesterday's events flooded back to him. Michiru crying, Michiru hugging him, and him losing himself in the hug, then like a pansy running away from Michiru.
Michiru, Michiru, Michiru.

"Uuuhhhgg. I'm such an idiotic person."
He said to himself out loud. Laying on the ground, self deprecating thoughts ran through his mind. Almost immediately he sat back up.
That hug did feel nice though.

He checked the time,
"04:43. This is going to be a long night."

...

The tanuki heard whispers in her dream. Surrounding her, suffocating her. She tried to scream but nothing came out. Running didn't work either as she was glued to the ground. Michiru was dripping in sweat, tears, and...
Blood.
Tears flowing out of her eyes so fluidly and fast, she couldn't see a thing. The voices got louder...

...

Shirou stood up.

"I wonder if there is a shop open somewhere... I'm ravished."
He checked the time on his phone again.

"OH COME FRICKING ON. It's 04:57? But it's been... well it felt like HOURS."
He paced on the roof.
Would Michiru hug me again?

He shivered at the thought of making a fool of himself again.
Not possible.

"*stomach rumble* incompetent stomach, silence."
I'm so childish.

...

After what seemed like years in this black box she was in, Michiru finally let out a blood curdling scream. A scream to tell somebody that she was here,

Alone.

...

As he walked his fifth circle around the rooftop he heard a whimper.

He looked at Michiru's bedroom door. It was just pleading for him to come in and see what was causing her so much agony to cry such a sound.
I shouldn't bother her. I don't want to be annoying, or nosy.

He stared down the door, looking for some exuse to open it.
But what if she's hurt?

He transformed, and not being in his wolf form for more than a second, the smell of blood choked his nose.

INSUFFICIENT HUMAN NOSE.

He leaped towards Michiru's door and swiftly swung it open to reveal a shivering, sweat drenched, and crying tanuki, curled up in a ball on her bed.