Chapter 6: Sad

The maids finished cleaning Michiru's room and somehow ended up cleaning the bathroom too.

"Bye Mr.! I hope your girlfriend is okay!"
One said as they hurriedly bowed their heads.

"I-she-"
The maids closed the door before Shirou could correct them.
"I-uh they just thought that of their own accord. I didn't tell them that we were dating or anything."

Michiru smiled while playfully kicking his leg,
"Don't worry, I know you wouldn't do that."
She paused and looked at him.
"Sorry for thinking you were a pervert. I keep jumping to conclusions, like Nazuna said. You were just trying to help me."
She looked down.

"*grumble*"
Shirou was mad that she thought that he was a pervert. He hadn't done anything wrong. He checked the time,
"12:06. I'll be in my room. Have a nice rest of your day, Michiru. "
He glared at her and left.

...

Stepping into the bathroom, with a new set of clothes and a brush, Shirou took a shower.

Turning into his wolf form he let the water run over his fur. He loved taking shower while he was a wolf.
After 30 minutes he got out, steam filled the small room. He grabbed the brush, and started at his ears, there was a knot behind both of them. But it ached his arms to reach and brush it.

"*grunt* come on stupid brush,*sigh* whatever."
He brushed the rest of the fur. After another half hour, Shirou looked at the giant ball of fur in his hand. And threw it into the trash. He felt way better after brushing all the excess fur out of his coat. Turning into a human, he then brushed his hair, so he wouldn't have as bad knots as he had in his other form. Finally he put on his clothes and went into his room.

"That took forever"

Startled, he took into a fighting position and faced the sneaky mink sitting on the window.

"What do you want weasel."
Shirou stayed still.

"Mink! I'm a- oh whatever. I wanted to tell you that there was a snake on the loose. Big bounty on his head. I'd take him all for myself but he's too slippery. Haha see what I did there?"
She laughed and untransformed.

Shirou glared at the intruder.

She continued,
"No? Ok well I need your help. I know all the info of how to get him and where send him into custody so he won't get out again, but I need the bronze of this operation to get this snake under wraps. So I was thinking 40% : 60%?"

Is this cheapskate serious?
Shirou started,
"If 40% is for you and 60% is for me then yes."

She looked shocked and mad.
"If it weren't for me you wouldn't have known that snake was even on the loose you aren't even on the police force anymore."

He looked at the mad mink and smirked,
"But you can't do this without me. You could have all the knowledge in the world on this guy and you still couldn't pin him down. You need a strong man to do all the work while you stay safe in the sidelines. "

Even with his shirt on she could see his defined mucles. Shirou saw her glance at his arms. He flexed his guns, she flushed pink,

"N-no! I don't need you! I-I'll some other hot... Man... I-I-I mean-!"
She flustered.

"Get out of my house weasel."
Shirou deadpanned.

The mink glared and re-transformed, jumping from rooftop to rooftop until she was out of his sight.

Grabbing his phone he bought some locks.

...

Michiru sat cross legged on her new comforter. The pale grey made her maroon shorts pop.

"*sigh*"

She tried calling Nazuna, but her friend never responded. Scrolling down on her 'Sad TUN3S' playlist, she saw 'night running'.

"Nazuna loves that song."

It's not like she's dead or anything, she is just not answering her phone. Why am I so sad?!?

She scolded herself for being too 'clingy'. Nazuna pointed out that two weeks ago. Which is why she didn't go to lunch with her yesterday.
They used to hang out every day before she turned into a beastman and dissapeared.
Playing the song she sang to it, seeking comfort in the lyrics.

"突然にもUpside down
世界は変わり出す
祈りも届かない
僕が変わり出す

意味を求めて走り続けて
自分が誰かわからなくなる
泣きそうだけど 負けたくないから"
A tear rolled down her cheek, she called Nazuna again.

No answer.
Michiru walked outside on the roof.

"教えて
夜に馳せるこのゆらめきと
思いのままに飛びまわって
もっと自由に駆けて行こうよ
星を見上げてさ。。。"

She looked to Nazuna's window across the street to see a light flicker off.
She's ignoring me?

...

It was around 20:00, and Shirou had finished putting the last lock on the house. He looked at it,
No weasel is getting in this house again.

He heard a door open on the roof,
Did that sly weasel open one of my locks? I shouldn't have gotten the ones on discount.

Switching into his wolf form he climbed up and rested his feet on one of the 2nd floor window stools. Hands gripping the gutter, he poked his furry head up.
...Michiru?

Her tear stained cheeks glistened in the moonlight. She started singing.
Wow, this is saddening. Who made her this depressed?

He watched her eyes droop as she looked at the cult house.
isn't her friend Nazuna the the leader of that cult?

Michiru grabbed her phone and called someone. Shirou realized that it was him when his phone vibrated in his pocket. He ducked his head under the rim of the roof.

Almost smashing the answer button, he questioned,
"Are you alright?"

"Can you come here please, I'm on the rooftop."
Michiru replied.

"Ok."
He ended the call and waited a minute before climbing the rest of the way up, so it looked like he had gotten out of bed, and wasn't on the roof totally staring at her.

He made an obvious thumping sound as his paws hit the cement. Michiru turned to him, a fake smile crinkling her watery eyes, causing them to spill.

"Michiru,"
Shirou didn't know what to say. The smell of the salty tears crowded his hypersensitive nose. His ears flicked back as he took a step forward the sad girl. She was in her human form, and he knew that she didn't like it. Her other form had so many pluses strengthwise so she stayed transformed as a tanuki.
Who could make you this sad? Who would want you to cry?

"What happened?"

___
__
_

Thank you Sakurakitty15
Suggesting a scenario!

Shout out to my new fantastic subs;

Zeiro_

DulceB119