E I G H T E E N

Camden Owens

I'm happy as hell. I got dick last night and now I'm back at home in Powder Springs.

The first thing I'm going to do is get a nap in. Me and Dooda may or may not have fucked while taking a bath...and shower.

I feel like a nymphomaniac.

When I got to the house and unlocked the door, it was wayyyy too quiet. This household is always loud.

"MA! DA! WHERE YA'LL AT?"

I got upstairs to their room and I just walked in.

Glad they wasn't fucking.

"Ma? Why you crying?" I rushed to her side and hugged her.

I looked at my daddy, "You must have told her you was the one who hit grandad with that pipe?"

He looked at me with wide eyes and shook his head.

"What," my momma yelled.

"What," I said back. "So, why you crying?"

Da looked at me with worry in his eyes and grabbed me by my shoulder.

"Sit down."

He went on to tell me about what J-Baby did.

He killed my brothers?

I started bawling my eyes out right then and there. Memories that I made with them flooded my mind. I can't believe it.

"TELL ME YOU LYING! TELL ME YOU FUCKING LYING!"

I saw his eyes gloss over with tears as he looked at me.

"Ma," I pleaded. "Tell him to stop lying to me."

She didn't even look up at me. I fell out my seat to the floor, hyperventilating. I felt like I was suffocating. Da tried to grab me, but I snatched away from him.

"I just want to be alone."

I went to room and locked the door. I could barely even make it to the bed. I felt like this was my fault. Maybe if I would've gave him a chance he wouldn't have did this.

I called Que a few times and he finally picked up. He was sitting in a pitch black room with sad music playing in the background. You could tell he had been crying for hours.

"I guess you got the news," he said dryly.

"Yeah," my voice cracked. "I'm glad I still have you though."

It was quiet for a little bit before he spoke, "...I saw him do that shit!"

My face dropped as he cried even harder.

"I SAW HIM KILL HIMSELF," he cried. "He did it right in front of me!"

If I'm feeling like this, imagine how he feeling. He saw all those dead bodies. He saw a person physically put a gun to their head and pull the trigger.

"Look...I gotta go." He hung up without letting me say anything else.

I texted Omar and let him know what happened. Even though I told him I wanted to be alone, he insisted on coming over.

Minutes later there was a knock on my bedroom door and I got up to unlock it. On my way back to my bed I saw a picture that was on my nightstand. It was a group picture of us on my eighth birthday. We were all so happy.

We played in the pool that whole day and Ty had got to fighting because some girl took the toy off the top of his cake.

"Baby," Omar said sympathetically. "Lets lay down."

He pulled me over to the bed where I cried into his chest. He rubbed my back trying to get me to stop, but I just couldn't.

"I love you." I whispered, hugging his waist tighter.

"I love you too, Bug."