T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Omar Cooper - One year later

It's been a whole damn year without her. I couldn't even look at a girl the way I looked at her. She was the love of my life and I could never betray her like that!

"Aye bro, you cool?"

"Yeah Rife. I just want to be left alone."

The whole family knew how sad this day is for me and continuously tried to cheer me up. Nothing worked and it was starting to get irritating.

Haven't been the same since she left.

What made today even sadder was that Bug didn't get to see Kiree wake out of his coma. A short time after, he woke up and soon made a full recovery. He was devastated when he got the news.

He had moved out of Powder Springs after he learned how to walk again. Bug's parents did too. I don't blame them...too many bad memories.

My whole life had been on a pause since last year. I stopped college and started online classes, seldom got out, and I talked to no one except the family.

People criticized me and my family about the situation because they wondered why my parents let me date an underaged girl in the first place.

People act like she was twelve or something.

I sat on the toilet with the water running to drown out my crying. If my mom heard me, she'd lecture me again on how I needed to move on and forget about the past.

She didn't like Camden. She felt like she distracted me too much. But momma or not, she ain't about to disrespect my girlfriend in front of me. That's the main reason we argue so much.

Wiping my eyes, I snuck out of my room and into my parent's room. I know where dad keeps his revolver.

I got it and hurried back to my room, locking the door. I don't care if they're in the house or not.

To whoever finds this,

Life has no meaning without Camden. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. Her kisses, hugs...she gave the best hugs. I can't imagine being with anyone but her! My life revolved around her! I planned to marry this girl, give her my kids, and spend the rest of my life with her. And now that she's gone, what does that say about my life? It has to come to an end. Mom, dad, Sharife, I love you, but I need to see my Bug again. I've already waited a year hoping things would get better and to no surprise they didn't! My only regret is that I only got to say 'I love you' to her one time. But that one time meant everything to me. I'm glad I met Camden and I'm glad I pulled the trigger. I'm ready to be the happiest man ever again.

- Omar Jr.