003. return

( RETURN

( RETURN. )

"You have got to be kidding me, EJ."

Eui paced back and forth, gripping the phone tightly in her fingers as she spoke to EJ on the phone. "Why would Jaeho suddenly transfer? He's the vice president for Pete's sake."

EJ on the other line sucked in a deep breath. "I really don't know. He just filed to resign his position in the SC and now we have to find a replacement."

"Then should Hanbin be the one to replace him? He was the one who ran for the position along with Jaeho," Eui proposed.

"That's the problem. Hanbin also transferred. Basically, we don't have a replacement," EJ answered.

"That's fine...I think. We should clear our heads first."

"I guess we can take our time. The position isn't really that important...in case you like--get sick and the VP has to replace you or something," EJ said.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do. The school festival is coming up in a month so I'm kinda swamped at the moment."

"Okay, take a break whenever you feel like it. We can't have a dying president," EJ teased, his small giggles echoing through the phone.

"Ha-Ha, whatever. Anyway, I'll call you if something comes up. Bye!"

Eui ended the call and slumped down on her chair, groaning to herself as she felt the fatigue bearing down on her. She gathered her things and organized them neatly inside her bag before she stood up and headed towards her classroom. Classes would be starting in around ten minutes.

Entering the classroom, she heard the commotion going around. Something about a cute guy, someone new, possibly a transferee?

It didn't pique her interest, however, since she'd seen and known so many faces on campus. A transferee in her class somewhat felt more like additional work to her since she would always be the one to welcome their new classmates and give them a tour or help them around the campus as the council president.

Ah, the cons that also came with having power in the school - absolute stress and pressure that would have probably made her want to quit had she not been a hardheaded person with a fighting spirit.

"Settle down, class." The teacher came walking in.

His name was Mr. Lee Hyun, a man in his mid-thirties. He was known as one of the best teachers in the school due to his cheerful personality and the way he would crack jokes in the middle of the class. Despite his bubbly aura, he can be serious when needed as well and that's what made him an efficient teacher that the students loved.

"Good morning and first of all, I would like to introduce you to your new classmate. A transferee in this class I happened to walk with," Mr. Hyun introduced.