013. bitterness

( BITTERNESS

( BITTERNESS. )

The next day, Eui was hellbent on avoiding Heeseung. The night didn't really end well for the two - or at least for her. She did end up sleeping after asking him that question but it was an hour later when she had woken up and noticed that he was already gone. Of course, she shouldn't have been overthinking the situation but she couldn't help the thoughts that circled around inside her head at his reply on that very night. The boy didn't even bother to answer which left her more frustrated and confused than ever.

She desperately wished that he'd just stop playing games with her and tell her the reason upfront. Why he suddenly moved to Japan, why he ignored only her, and why he didn't even bother to acknowledge her existence on the very first day he came back to Seoul but ended up talking to her once again. The more she thought about it, the more she came to the verdict that maybe Heeseung was just fooling around with her. 

Yes, he did tell her on the night she'd gotten herself drunk that he still thought of her as a best friend. But did he really mean it? or was he just saying it so she wouldn't feel hurt?

Either way, once she arrived at the classroom, she straight up ignored Heeseung who was about to talk to her, and immediately headed straight for her seat, leaving the boy standing by the entrance, puzzled. Heeseung managed to snap out of his daze and hesitantly walked over to Eui who already sat on her chair, whipping out a few notebooks from her bag. 

"Eui, is everything okay?" Heeseung asked her. Eui exhaled, managing to look back at him with a straight face. "Yes, why wouldn't it be?" she replied briefly before turning back to the front just in time as their teacher walked inside the room.

Heeseung paused for a bit once he'd recognized the cold expression on her face but recovered almost immediately and headed back to his seat. As their lesson started, he couldn't even pay attention to what their teacher was saying, his mind fully preoccupied with the way Eui had been acting. He racked his head for all the possible reasons why she suddenly seemed distant.

Is it because she's stressed? Did last night not go well for her? Is she having her period?

Honestly, he doesn't have a clue. Poor guy.

 Poor guy