007. momentary

( MOMENTARY

( MOMENTARY. )

It wasn't that Eui really despised the idea of breathing in the same space as the boy. In all honestly, all she really wanted was to go home and sink into the comforts of her bed. And that absolutely meant getting the help of the one and only Lee Heeseung. However, it might just be because she wasn't so used to the boy after so many years of not seeing him that she felt wary and awfully shy under his presence. But of course, Eui wouldn't let him notice that.

"You're sick."

"I'm not."

"You're burning up."

"Thanks. I know I'm hot."

"You are--no, wait. Seriously, would you just listen to me?"

"No."

Heeseung let in a deep breath, wondering how he was able to endure the girl's attitude for so many years before. She's hardheaded, stubborn, and can't even control her temper at times. Even lets out profanities when she does so. Eui has so many flaws and yet, she also has numerous positive qualities that make up for the negatives. Maybe that's what made her so attractive in his eyes - so precious.

"I'll carry you even if you resist. If that's what you want."

"Isn't that harassment? I'll file a--"

"You sure about that?"

Eui paused for a moment, turning back to briefly glance at Heeseung. He wasn't really looking at her, just staring in the distance with a certain emotion in his eyes that she couldn't quite decipher. Sighing to herself, she turned the other way and shut her eyes once again.

"Whatever. Never mind."

Heeseung looked at her figure lying down on the bench beside him and a smile subtly tugged at his lips. "If you want, you can lie down on my lap."

"Heeseung, I swear to God I will hit--"

"Hey, I'm just saying. It might help."

Slowly sitting up, Eui managed to shoot the boy a glare as she swung her backpack over her shoulders and stood up. Although as soon as she did, dark spots suddenly covered her eyesight, making her stagger back, almost falling down if not for the pair of arms that instantly encircled her waist.

"You're welcome, clumsy." Heeseung flashed her a teasing smile. 

Stop smiling at me or else I'll die. Eui immediately recovered her composure and stood up properly, taking a step back. She cleared her throat and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear out of habit as she looked away. "Um, thanks." She managed to utter as she turned around.

"And where are you going?" Heeseung trailed behind her.

"Home," Eui briefly answered, trying her best to calm herself down from the nervous effect the boy had on her.