014. recall

( RECALL

( RECALL. )

"Hey, Eui." Eui looked up to see Heeseung walking over, his bag slung on one side of his shoulder. She stood up from her seat while arranging her things, shooting him a brief glance before reverting her attention back to organizing her stuff. "Why?" she asked him. 

"You know...I've been meaning to tell you something," he started. The air seemed suffocating for the boy, his fingers anxiously fiddling with the strings of his bag as he looked at the sky. In contrast to the mixture of apricot, peach, and lavender overlaying the sky, Heeseung's mind was clouded with turmoil, a dull fog muddled with all the words he couldn't tell her, the words that were caught in between his throat, falling back into the deep pits of the dark chasm he'd encaged himself ever since last night.

"Well?" Eui stood up and picked up her bag, finally done with neatly tidying her things inside. She noticed how low-spirited the boy looked. He didn't even bother looking at her, his eyes clearly downcast, pointed straight towards the ground. "Are you alright?"

Heeseung swallowed. He wasn't sure what to do. If it was the right time to tell her or not. What would her reaction be? He thought to himself. He needed to tell her. His time was running out.

"Heeseung?" Eui called once again. The mere sound of her voice made him feel even more distressed. He could already imagine the look on her face when he tells her about it. 

"Well...I...It's just that...my parents told me that--"

"Heeseung! Eui!" Jay came barreling straight towards them, almost knocking the two out of balance. He flashed them an apologetic smile before taking a few steps away and whipping out something from his back pockets. 

The shiny paper glinted under the sunlight before Jay shoved one on each of their hands. "I got us tickets to the latest movie that Eui kept bugging us about!" he exclaimed before slinging his arms around Eui and Heeseung's shoulders. "And we'll be meeting Sunghoon in the movie theatre."

Eui couldn't resist the smile that made its way to her face. "What? Really!?" She was absolutely ecstatic about seeing that particular movie, however, a thought entered her mind. "Wait. Shouldn't we be studying though?"

"Eui, the test is in a week. We still have time to slack off. Besides, it's just this once. Didn't you say that you'd ditch studying for this movie?" Jay teasingly ruffled the top of her head, purposely messing up her hair.

"Whatever you say," she replied. Her gaze moved to Heeseung on the other side of Jay who had been silent for a while already. "Heeseung, are you okay with it?"

The boy looked up, snapping out of his daze. He nodded in reply, shooting the two a smile. "Of course. Come on, let's go. I want popcorn." He grabbed both Jay and Eui's hands before heading off, dragging the two along with him.