008. memories

( MEMORIES

( MEMORIES. )

After the awfully embarrassing dinner which consisted of Eui's mother and Heeseung ganging up on her and reminding her of the stupid decisions she's made in her life, Eui decided to go back to her room and get some rest. She still wasn't fully well and the slight throbbing pain in her head continued to remind her that she still had the fever. Though she could endure it, she just wanted to roll around her bed for the rest of the evening.

She finished changing into a comfy pair of pajamas and a loose shirt and immediately flopped down onto her bed, sighing in relief once she felt the soft mattress dip beneath her. Grabbing her phone, she typed in a quick message for Sunghoon and Jay, asking them about how they were doing. After doing so, she laid back onto her bed.

There was a soft knock on the door.

"Yes?" she called out.

"Yo, Eui. Can I come in?" Heeseung asked, his voice slightly muffled by the door.

Eui groaned, flipping around to face the other side of the bed. "Why do you want to come inside?"

"Your mom told me to bring you some medicine for your fever. Oh, and here's something to put on your head that helps." 

"Why can't she be the one to come here?" 

"I don't know."

"Ugh, fine." 

The door slowly creaked open and Eui burrowed herself deep under the covers to avoid the boy's stare. "Just put them on the table. I can do it myself," she told him as she shut her eyes. 

Heeseung grabbed a chair from her study table and dragged it towards the front of her bed, proceeding to take a seat as he placed her medicine on the table along with a towel and a bowl of ice-filled water. He silently stared at her figure for a moment and heaved a deep sigh.

"You're really stubborn. You know that, right?"

Eui fluttered her eyes open from under the blankets and slowly turned around, facing the boy. Tugging her blanket down, she hesitantly peeked out to look him. "Yeah, I get that a lot. No surprise really. You told me that so many times before."

Heeseung found himself smiling at her words, reminiscing past memories in his head. "Yeah, I guess I did." 

His eyes trailed around the room, feeling nostalgic at the sight of the things he once grew used to seeing. After all, he always used to visit her house along with Jay and Sunghoon back then. Constantly watching movies, playing video games, or just lazing around the house all day. It was a nice memory for the four of them.