005. partners

( PARTNERS

( PARTNERS.)

"I--you, what?"

Eui was baffled, a look of disbelief plastered on her face as she processed the words that came out of Heeseung's mouth. Did he just say that he's applying to be part of the student council? When he's only been here for what, two days?

"Eui, he just said that he's applying for--"

"I know what he said." Eui interrupted Youngbin, resulting in the boy slightly pouting at her words.

Heeseung stood up and slowly walked up to the girl, placing his hands inside his pockets. He paused, standing barely a meter away from Eui as he leaned in closer, his lips just a few centimeters away from her ear.

"You should have a talk with your advisor. He was the one who told me to join." His hot breath tickled her ear, the low tone of his voice sending chills down her spine.

He withdrew, taking a step back. There was a hint of a teasing smile on his lips as he turned his back to her, dragging his fingertips gently over the desk as he picked up his bag.

"Looks like we're going to be partners soon, Miss President."

And with that, he walked out of the room, not bothering to look back.

Youngbin cleared his throat, sensing Eui's sudden change of mood. This time, she looked more furious than before, a sudden fire blazing in her eyes as she stared at the exit where Heeseung had walked out of.

"You okay there, Eui?" Youngbin asked, waving his hand in front of her face.

"He wants to join the student council?" Eui mumbled to herself, pacing back and forth. "He's going to be vice president?"

"I mean--I don't see why not?" Youngbin shrugged.

Eui shot him a look which made him seal his lips shut. She walked over to the desk where Heeseung had placed his documents and grabbed a piece of paper from the folder - a copy of his grades. Her brow raised, seeing the line of numbers on the paper.

There was no denying that Heeseung already had good grades even back when they were still classmates but after transferring, his grades soared even more. He improved a lot, she could admit. Honestly, he was perfect for the position but personal feelings could get in the way especially since the two weren't on good terms.