004. phases

( PHASES

( PHASES. )
‎‎
‎‎
‎‎

The next day, Eui arrived to class later than usual. Usually being one of the early students to get to class, Mr. Hyun grew concerned over the girl's state when he saw her walk inside the room in the middle of his lecture looking frail and exhausted.

"I'm sorry for being late, Mr. Hyun," Eui apologized, slightly bowing her head.

"That's fine, Ms. Kang. Go take your seat," the teacher answered.

Eui thanked the teacher before heading to her seat, bashfully avoiding Heeseung's stare as she sat down. The room was silent for a moment as most eyes were trained on Eui but Mr. Hyun immediately diverted their attention back to the lesson he was teaching.

Heeseung, on the other hand, had been staring at her for God knows how long. He felt guilty, he could admit. Eui needed an explanation but he couldn't bring it up to tell her since he felt that Eui most likely hated him by now. So he diverted his attention back to the lecture, scribbling notes while the teacher discussed.

 So he diverted his attention back to the lecture, scribbling notes while the teacher discussed

"I noticed though. Why haven't you been talking to Heeseung ever since he arrived?" Youngbin asked. "Weren't you two really close back then?"

Eui paused from reviewing to look up at Youngbin. "Keyword is were, Youngbin. Some friendships don't stay the same," she answered with a gloomy look on her face.

It was quiet for a moment until Youngbin piped up.

"Looks like your best friend over there is already quite popular." He pointed a finger outside the window.

Eui grunted before answering, "Ex-best friend and why--" She paused when she saw Heeseung being flocked by a group of girls outside, trying their best to hold a conversation with him and woo him over.

Typical.

An irritated feeling bubbled up inside of her, making her avert her gaze back to her desk. She tried to proceed with her task but she couldn't concentrate anymore. "That guy thinks he's all that. Whatever, I'm not even gonna bother with him," she muttered to herself, crumpling a piece of paper on her desk as she angrily shot it into the trashcan below her desk.