010. recollections

( RECOLLECTIONS

( RECOLLECTIONS. )

"Eui, you're drunk."

"I'm not, you half-witted oompa loompa."

"Sunghoon, did she just call me--"

"Yes, she did."

"But--"

"Heeseung, if she calls you an oompa loompa then you are an oompa loompa."

"And an ugly bamboo tree."

"Jay, she--"

"You're also an ugly bamboo tree apparently."

"I--"

"Suck it up, Heeseung. You're a half-witted, ugly, oompa loompa bamboo tree now."

"You all are so mean."

"No words can describe how handsome Heeseung is."

"Finally, drunk Eui is saying facts."

"But numbers can. Negative three out of ten."

"Mrs. Kang! Your daughter is being so mean!"

Eui sucked in a deep breath as she grabbed a pillow from her bed, proceeding to scream into it as memories from the previous night entered her mind.

It was the morning after their drunk session - well, Eui's drunk session rather since she was the only one who got drunk that night. Despite being the one so opposed to drinking due to classes the next day, she was apparently the only one who got drunk out of the four of them. It might have been due to the horrible alcohol tolerance she had or maybe she could've just gotten carried away with their conversation that she wasn't able to notice that it was her fifth glass already.

Either way, she felt like crap on that particular morning.

"Wakey, wakey." There was a voice along with a knock on the doorway. Eui peered up to see her mother carrying a tray of hangover soup and a glass of water along with medicine for her massive headache.

"Mom, please tell me that was just a dream."

Her mother set the tray on her bed and sat down beside the girl, leaning closer to gently tuck a strand of hair behind Eui's ear. "I'm afraid not, dear. Now hurry up and eat so you can drink your medicine after."

Eui groaned. "I feel horrible."

"Do you still want to go to school? You still have about an hour left," her mother asked to which Eui nodded. "Yes, I can't miss a day and I still have tasks to finish."

"Always so hardworking." Her mother smiled, lovingly stroking the top of her daughter's head. "You should be thankful I'm not scolding you right now because you all were quite irresponsible to be drinking last night. Still, I'm thankful you have them...even if your father wouldn't be okay with boys around you."