011. solace

( SOLACE

( SOLACE. )

Eui opened the door to the student council office, seeing Heeseung taking a seat on one of the empty desks. Specifically, the one for the vice president. "So you're already moving in?"

"Moving in? You make it sound like I'm gonna live here for the rest of my life." The boy crossed his legs, lightly tapping his fingers on the table. "But I gotta say, this room does look pretty neat," he commented.

"Thank--"

"For a student council president who has such a messy bedroom." 

"Why you--"

"There they go again." Sunoo and Youngbin stepped inside the room with another figure trailing from behind. "Seriously, I thought you two were okay. What's happening with you both again?" Youngbin let out a dramatic sigh.

"He's being such a child." Eui pointed an accusing finger at Heeseung.

Heeseung rolled his eyes as he placed his hand on top of Eui's head. "Eui, you should know that you're a child too...with that height of yours."

Youngbin snorted. "You're just saying that because you're tall."

"Heeseung I will kick you--oh?" Eui paused midway once she saw someone emerge from behind Youngbin's back. "Who is this?"

Sunoo pulled the boy to stand in front of Eui and gently nudged his side to get the boy talking. Dark brown hair, tall nose, undeniably handsome, the shy-looking boy nervously sucked in a deep breath before introducing himself to the other two.

"Hi, I'm Jake." He slightly bowed his head after speaking.

"He's Sunghoon and Jay's classmate. The class representative of 11-A," Youngbin added as he patted Jake's shoulders proudly.

"Why haven't I seen you here before?" Eui curiously asked.

"He's new. The former representative had to step off since he had to focus on his training as an athlete," Sunoo explained.

"Oh..." Eui's gaze flickered back to the boy. "Nice to meet you then, Jake. I'm Eui." She introduced herself, holding her hand out for him to shake.

Jake looked up at her, his eyelashes fluttering in interest as he took in her features. "Nice to meet you too." He reached a hand out to grasp hers but was stopped midway.

"Hey, I'm Heeseung." Heeseung abruptly held Jake's hand and shook it with a tight grip.

Placing her hands back down, Eui softly sighed at Heeseung's behavior. He's making Jake feel overwhelmed. I didn't even get to shake his hands too.

"Where's Euijoo?" she asked Youngbin to which the boy shrugged in reply. "I think he went to buy a snack or something," he answered.

"We're starting the meeting in an hour. Go call the other members," Eui told them and the two other boys immediately went on the move, leaving Jake, Heeseung, and Eui inside the room.