Bryce Lahela x F!MC

It was another busy day at the hospital, and you were making your way to your next patient who had just been returned to the ward about 10 minutes ago. As you turned the corner you were almost run over by a moving bed "Woaahhh." An all too familiar voice said as he pulled back on the bed to stop it from running you over. You looked up at him with a smile "Careful Lahela" you grinned at him and moved to the side so he could pass to the elevator, "Careful yourself hot stuff" he winked as he carried on past you, towards the elevator. Chuckling quietly, you shook your head and carried on towards your patients room to perform all the necessary check-ups.

Later in the day you were on your lunch break and you had decided to sit alone so you could read through one of your medical books in peace as you ate your salad. You were scanning through pages trying to find the section of the book you need when someone stood in front of you, clearing their throat. You looked up to see an unusually shy looking Bryce. "Hey. You can sit if you want. I'm just studying" You smiled up at him brightly and he took a seat across from you as you continued eating your salad, browsing your book. He placed his hands on the desk and fiddled with his fingers as he thought over his words, opening his mouth to speak but then closing it again as soon as he decided he didn't have the right words. With concern niggling at your conscience, you put your fork down and bookmarked the page you were on before closing your book and putting it aside and crossing your arms on top of the table, looking over at Bryce. He smiled at you, but it wasn't his usual confident and flirty smile you had come to know and love. It was full of nervousness and didn't reach his eyes at all. When you could see that he wasn't going to speak first you took it upon yourself to do so. "What's the matter?" You asked trying to get him to open up, he scratched at the back of his neck as he let out a deep exhale with his eyes closed. "You see. I'm not... great, at expressing my emotions straight away but uh..." he glanced nervously over his shoulder and you followed his gaze to Sienna and Aurora on the other side of the now not so busy canteen and they busied themselves pretending they were "consulting" which made you giggle. Bryce turned back at you with an expectant look in his eyes. Even though you had picked up on what he wanted to ask, you weren't about to make this easy for him by just saying yes. You wanted him to say the words, so you waited patiently with a smile on your face. Sensing what you were doing he let out a nervous sigh, "Will you go on a date with me?" he asked shyly, his cheeks reddening as he looked away, fearing rejection. You looked at him with a narrowed gaze. "When and where?" you asked sweetly. He looked back at you as his eyes grew wider by the second, "you're serious?!" he exclaimed, "when and where Bryce?" you repeated, with the most genuinely massive grin you had ever seen grace his snatched facial features, he took your hand in his. "I want to take you to a restaurant. I'll pick you up at 8pm tonight." He said excitedly. "Okay. I'll have to find someone to cover for me though, I'm not due to finish until 10 tonight." You explained. "so... it's a date?" he asked hopefulness in his eyes, "Yes Bryce. It's a date." You smiled back. "woohoo!" he exclaimed happily as he jumped out of his seat, drawing the disapproving looks of a few senior doctors who were in the canteen either grabbing coffee or having a break. He apologized to them quietly before hugging you and bounding off with a spring in his step. Chuckling to yourself you gathered your belongings together and headed out of the canteen and back to your locker to put your book and leftover salad away before returning to work. The rest of the day went by smoothly with you diagnosing all your patients correctly and even discharging a few.

Soon 7:15pm rolled around and you felt a tap on your shoulder as you finished filling out a chart. You turned around and came face to face with Ethan looking down on you as he held his hand out. You gave him the chart and ran him through all your patients, their diagnosis and medications they were on and how often they were having them. After that you thanked him for covering for you and gave him a hug goodbye before grabbing your things from your locker and rushing home to get ready for your date with Bryce. 8pm rolled around all to quickly but thankfully Jackie had the day off and had prepared your outfit for you so you could get ready quicker. As you were putting the finishing touches to your make-up, there was a knock at the door. "I got it!" Jackie shouted out "Thanks J!" you shouted back. It took you about 5 more minutes but soon you were ready and walked out into the living area, your breath leaving your lungs as soon as you saw Bryce. He stood there in a beautiful maroon/wine red coloured tuxedo with a bunch of matching flowers in his hand as he smiled nervously at you. "You look beautiful." He commented as he leaned forward supporting your lower back with his spare hand and pressing a kiss to your lips. "You look pretty handsome yourself." You commented back as you returned his kiss. "Okay get going you two lovebirds!! Go! go!" Jackie laughed as she took your flowers and shoved you and Bryce out the door.