Hesitant, Part Two

Pairing: Elijah Greene x Casey Valentine

============================

Roughly two months had passed since Elijah and Casey had their first date and they had both been consumed in work at Edenbrook since, only being able to sneak the occasional private lunch together. They hadn't fully disclosed their relationship with their other 3 roommates, but Jackie, Sienna and Aurora had their suspicions. One day they were in the cafeteria being cute and laughing together before sharing a kiss when Jackie and Aurora were suddenly in front of them.

"I knew it." Jackie said cockily.

Elijah and Casey flew apart and their cheeks reddened as they face their roommates.

"Uh.. hey guys." Casey said whilst Elijah scratched the back of his neck.

"We were just um... testing lip gloss." Elijah stuttered.

"Uh-huh, sure you are buddy." Aurora said with a smug smile.

"So? When were you going to tell us?" Jackie asked as she and Aurora took seats at the table opposite the couple.

"Tell you what?" Elijah asked.

"Babe. Don't treat them like they're stupid. They live with us and are two of the best Doctors in our year." Casey said before turning her gaze back to the two women and smiling as she took Elijah's hand. "We were going to tell you tonight. We just... didn't wanna say anything incase this whole thing didn't work out. But... I have a good feeling." She smiled looking back at Elijah and sharing a kiss.

"Ergh! Get a room." Jackie commented with a smirk.

They all shared a laugh and finished their break before heading back to work.

--- Five Weeks Later ---

It was late in the morning when Ines found Elijah in the hallway after he had just left a patients room and approached him with her usual bubbly demeanor.

"Dr. Greene!" she called out.

Elijah's head snapped up and in the direction of the voice he heard. "Good Morning, Dr. Delarosa!" he greeted her with a smile and wave.

"Good Morning. Have you spoken to Casey this morning?"

"No... She was already up and gone when I woke up this morning. I just assumed she was here, and I'd bump into her at some point. Is she not..." He said, trailing off as Ines shook her head as if answering his question without him having even to finish it. "I... I'll call her and see if I can find out where she is." He continued with a smaller smile and worry in his eyes.

"Thank you." Ines replied with a smile and small nod before heading on her way.

Concerned, Elijah made his way to the break room and made himself a coffee before settling at the coffee table between the couch and a chair, pulling his phone out of his pocket and dialing Casey's number. "Come on. Pick up... pick up..." he mumbled nervously.

"Hey! It's Dr. Casey Valentine here! I'm sorry, but I can't take your call right now due to being busy with work or running errands. Please leave a message after the tone and I will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible."

"Hey Case. It's Elijah. Where are you? Ines just found me and told me you aren't at work. Where else could you possibly be? It's not your day off so you should be here. And... I haven't seen your beautiful face yet today. Please just.. get back to me, I miss you." Elijah sighed as he hung up from leaving his message and placed his phone on the table, staring into space as he sipped of his coffee, waiting to be paged for a patient or test results.