Chapter 1

A/N: i hope you enjoy this chapter :)

(also i forgot to add that in the story Ukai is your brother okay that's all)

_______________________________

"Hey wanna race to the park?"

"You're on!"

You ran to the park with your tiny green haired best friend who was in the lead. You were both racing to the park until your friends started running slower causing you to pass him. He was breathing heavily trying his best to catch his breath. You were running up a hill when you  turned around smiling when you noticed your green haired friend was nowhere to be seen. You ran back down the hill hoping he wasn't far and found him sitting under a tree trying to catch his breath.

"hey yam-yam are you okay you seem tired?"

"I'm okay shortcake, let's keep going we are almost there" yams said with a smile on his face.

Shortcake was the nickname given to you by yams. He originally called you muffin but you hated that nickname with your whole heart. He only called you this because you were really short. You wouldn't let anyone but yams call you shortcake because you hated the name so much.

(back to the story)

Making you worried was one thing yams didn't want. He loved it when you're happy and he would be sad when you were sad. You put your hand out for yams to grab and walked the rest of the way to the park. You found a spot on the grass that was nice and shady. You decided this was a good place to rest. You and yams sat in silence for a while until yams looked at you with tears in his eyes and broke the silence.

"hey... you're still gonna remember me when you leave right?" he said, trying his very best to hold back his tears.

"Of course i will yam-yam how can i forget you! your my best and only friend in the whole world" you say with tears already streaming down your face.

Tomorrow is the day you and yams weren't  so excited about. You would be leaving him  and your hometown to travel around the world. You didn't want to leave but your dad had to travel a whole lot for his job and you didn't want him to go alone so you decided to leave your best friend and went with your dad. Leaving your friend would be really hard though. You were basically his only friend other than his older sister Evie. Yams isn't that social so it would be hard for him to make friends. Leaving your friend in your home town was the hardest decision you made, you've known each other since birth and now you guys would be separated.

"yam-yam you promise never to forget this friendship we have?"

"how can i forget you? you are my best friend after all"

At this point you both were crying your eyes out hugging each other tightly scared to lose each other. You guys have known each other for so long that you can't imagine life without one another.

"i promise to find you once i get back"

"you promise?"

"yes yams i promise"

you guys had this ring that was matching and promised never to take it off. Whatever happens at least you guys had these rings to remember each other by.

"Come on you still have a lot of stuff to pack (y/n)  lets go" your brother Keishin yelled from the front of your house.

your brother agreed to stay with your guys mother while you are with your dad. you were gonna miss everyone but it was for the best. you gave your final hug to yams and started heading down the hill.

"i hope to see you really soon bye yams!"

"bye shortcake until next time"

before closing the door to your house you mouthed the words

"until next time..."