First Time

The first time you met Varian was during the Science Fair, after the whole diabolical with the machine.

Cassandra the hand maiden of Princess Rapunzel herself had went to a boy and exchanged smiles. You finished dusting yourself off and stood up but some debris had stuck to your (f/c) dress as you tugged to no avail.

(Y/n) Pov

Is someone watching me? Oh god please don't notice my pure struggle "Do you need help?" Oh god hurry up dress! "I-I got- IT!" The dress is free but I might just die... I stumbled back hitting onto something. "O-oh hello" I looked up blowing some of my messy (h/c) (h/l) hair away from my face. A boy about my age with black hair and a striking blue teal streak smiled "Hi" He lifted me up (with some struggle) "Sorry about the debris, my invention made this mess heh" He looked away laughing embarrassed until he made eye contact "Uh I'm Varian" He reached out his arm. "I'm (Y/n)" He seems sweet and dorky. I take his gloved hand in mine and we exchanged greetings. "Sooo (Y/n) did you see my invention?" "Oh no I didn't see anything I was sorta busy serving some free samples of- um wait where'd it go? Uh- OH there" I grabbed onto what used to be a brownie but it was not so edible now "My father Monty asked me to hand these out today, I didn't know there was a fair" Varian looked somewhat interested as I rambled...again. "Wait, Uncle Monty's your father" "Well no, but he took me in as an orphan so yes. Yes he is" I grabbed onto the serving and dropped it into a trash bag. I looked down to see Varian holding onto a purple object? "What's that?" "O-oh it's a gift for Cas- Wait I'll be back" He left with said purple object and went to Cassandra.

"(Y/n)!" Varian waved and I walked over to him "Hey, I'm gonna show Cass and Rapunzel something wanna come with?" "Sure!"

We started walking (I don't know where but if the Princess is here then I'm sure it's fine) "Varian, who's your friend?" Is the Princess talking about me? "Meet (Y/n) we just met and I wanted to show her what I'm gonna show you" Oh s-she is. "Hi (Y/n) meet my friend Cassandra" Cassandra looked nervous and uncomfortable when she was mentioned, but still I give her a small wave while smiling. I don't blame her for being uncomfortable I feel the same way. "Varian, won't (Y/n)'s parents or guardian be slightly worried after all this?" "Oh don't worry I'm sure Uncle Monty wouldn't mind" "Yeah, Dad is pretty okay with me staying a bit longer out" Rapunzel stopped "I-I'm sorry who?" Does she not know about Monty? "Um my father, Monty? Do you know him?" I don't think I should've asked that, The Princess's eye twitched "Oh I know Monty" "Was that bad to ask Princess? I'm sorry" "Ah no no, your okay and you can call me Rapunzel" "Okay Rapunzel!"

.

What are these stones? It looks sharp it might hurt touching one even. "It started growing more lately" "It kinda looks pretty...ominous but pretty" The stones are glowing? Blue-ish glowing stones which is clashing..um with Rapunzel's blond now glowing hair? "It seems to be reacting to...you" Cassandra and Rapunzel exchanged looks one of those "Big grown talk about something you won't understand stuff" It's an often exchange I see honestly. "Varian, (Y/n) no one can know about this, please let this stay between me and you, well us" A green little thing peaked out it's head from Rapunzel? "Rapunzel you have some weird green thing on you" "Oh that's Pascal" It's so cute!