Chapter 5

"Hawkmoth is..." La Paon took a deep breath. This is really going to hurt Adrien.. She thought to herself. "Gabriel Agreste.." She mumbled. Ladybug eyes widened and she looked in Chat Noir's direction 'oh no' She thought. 

Chat Noir felt like his entire being had come crashing down on him. His Father was Hawkmoth his sworn enemy. His eyes filled with tears when another realisation hit him. The words La Paon uttered earlier repeated in his head.. 

"He was my husband before I left.." 

"I want his back in jail for what he did to my son"

'My son' The words spun round Chat Noir's head. He suddenly felt incredibly dizzy. A ringing sound over came his hearing and his vision blurred. He darted his eyes around trying to keep focus but failing to do so.. Everything went black..

"Adrien! Adrien!" The muffled voice of his girlfriend was all Adrien could hear when he came around a few minutes later. He was lying on their bed back at their apartment. Plagg Tikki and a new strange kwami was hoovering next to a blonde woman with emerald green eyes and Marinette. Marinette's face was filled with worry. Adrien's eyes slowly fluttered open and he tried to sit up but lied back down due to the room still spinning slightly "What happened?" He asked confused, green eyes darting from the woman and Marinette. He struggled to remember how he got home and what happened? 

Flashback

Ladybug looked at La Paon, her eyes widened from shock. Hawkmoth is Gabriel Agreste? Everything started to make sense.. The akuma attacks happening the very same day he breaks out of jail.. The only thing that puzzled Ladybug was why he wanted to do this all? Was it to get Adrien's mother back? Was it for ultimate power? She didn't know. The only thing she was sure of though was that she was worried for her boyfriend and partner. The reaction he had when La Paon told them who Hawkmoth was.. She had seen his eyes filled with tears which made her heart sting..

Ladybug looked over at Chat Noir too see how he was doing when she saw him wobble slightly. His legs took a few steps and then he fell to the ground..

She made no hesitation to move and catch her falling boyfriend. Due to being Ladybug meant she had quick instincts which came in handy for the situation she was currently in. Ladybug rushed to Chat Noir's side and stopped his head from hitting the concrete floor of the Eiffel Tower. She heard a gasp escape La Paon's mouth. Ladybug turned in the peacock holder's direction and saw she was near tears. That is when everything clicked.

The way she mentioned husband and her son. Her eye colour that Ladybug was so used to looking into. Her blonde hair almost as bright as the sun. Her tan skin. She was Adrien's mother.. She was the woman who she had heard so much about.. The woman who her boyfriend missed constantly on a daily basis stood in front of her transformed as La Paon.. "Your Emilie Agreste?" Ladybug looked directly at La Paon who nodded. "Yes.." She replied.

Flashback over

"You fainted kitty.. I brought you back home.." Marinette replied. Adrien sat up "I fainted why?" He asked confused feeling some slight amnesia. "Well.." Marinette took a deep breath "Gabriel is Hawkmoth and this woman is your.." She replied looking at Adrien. Suddenly the memories came flooding back. His Father was Hawkmoth, La Paon was his Mother, his Mother had returned..

Adrien's eyes switched to face another set of green eyes identical to the woman sat next to his girlfriend. Emilie smiled warmly at her son, a smile he had missed and longed to see for almost a decade now. "M-Mom.." Adrien stuttered unsure what to say. "Hello my little kitty.." She smiled warmly. Adrien was lost for words, his mother was sat right in front of him. The woman he had longed to see for years was sat in front of him. 

On instinct Adrien rushed forward, almost pouncing on Emilie, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled his Mother into a tight hug. Emilie's eyes widened but she wrapped her arms around her son's neck and cried happily. The son she had longed to see for over a decade but was not allowed to due to his Father. Tears streamed down both of their faces as both Mother and Son hugged happily. Years of sadness and longing poured into one hug..