Chapter 14

Ladybug froze where she was. Hawkmoth appeared from the shadows. A cold blade pressed against Rena's throat. "One move and she goes" He warned, the blade digging in further to Rena's neck.

"Why do this? Kidnap your son, hurt innocent lives.. For what? Two miraculouses that could grant you a wish with a price. ." Ladybug tried to not let the fear in her voice show through.

Hawkmoth didn't say anything just held Rena closer to him. "Make a decision bug! Your friend for both miraculouses" He said again. Ladybug opened and then shut her mouth again. She had to be careful about what she said next. Shakingly, the bluenette lifted a hand to her ear and pressed the earpiece in her ear. She whispered something into it sounding something like "Trouble on the way out, I need backup"

Hawkmoth smirked. "There is no way your little teammates can get to me in time" the blade moved closer to Rena's throat. The cool steel cutting into her tanned skin. She whimpered. A few tears pricked in the Fox heroines eyes, a few falling down her face. "So what will it be?" His eyebrows raised.

Ladybug remained silent. A small murmur of a transformation and a green flash appeared in the corner of her eye. Before she could even rejester what was happening. Chat was next to Hawkmoth in a flash. The blade flew out of the older male's hand. Rena wrenched herself out of Hawkmoth's grip. Carapace rushed to her side, checking her neck for any serious cuts. There was none.

Chat swung his baton at his Father. "H-Hand over y-your miraculous.. Or so help me.." He spoke, voice horse. " Your weak Adrien. Do you really think you will be able to beat me in the state your in? " Hawk moth said, looking down at his battered and bruised son.

Chat glared at him. His emerald eyes speaking every word for him. "You've given me much worse and I've still managed to get up and fight the akuma's YOU created" He snarled.

The group stood frozen whilst Chat and Hawkmoth stood there, they didn't dare to move for fear of what might happen. Chat wasn't in a good state, he wouldn't last much longer. He was only barely managing to stand on his own two feet, swaying slightly from side to side.

Ladybug took the time to creep round the side of the two. She stuck to the shadows in case Hawkmoth looked her way. Once round the back of him, she met Chat's gaze who had been watching her out the corner of his eyes. She nodded.

Chat used up his last energy to swing his baton down onto his Father. The impact knocking Hawkmoth out cold. Rena and Carapace rushed to help pin Hawkmoth down. Ladybug quickly snatched the miraculous of his chest.

A purple flash appeared as Hawkmoth detransformed back to his civilain form. Sirens were heard from outside the building. Police stormed the building, just as Gabriel was regaining conciousness. They arrested him on the spot. Gabriel struggled all the way to the police car.

Ladybug watched as the police escorted him away. After many thanks from the cheif, it was over. Gabriel was going back to jail along side his comrades who had been caught earlier. The spotted heroine turned to her teammates, who stood watching her.

Carapace was the first to speak "It's over.." He said, speaking the words that were on every heroes mind. The battle was over, Paris was safe from the terror and fear of Hawkmoth. This time it was permanent.

Ladybug looked down at the miraculous in her hand. Nooroo had disappeared back into the miraculous as soon as it was taken from Gabriel. It still hadn't quite sunk in yet. They had won. After 5 years, they had won. Paris was safe, it felt like a dream.

Ladybug raised her fist. She turned towards Chat "One last time?" She spoke, her voice soft. Chat slowly raised his fist. Before their fists could touch however , the blonde.lost his balance.

He fell to the ground