Chapter 13

Seungmin stared at the clock for the majority of class. His attention was pulled away once he heard a ruckus outside the classroom. He ignored it for awhile but it just continued to get louder.

"Stay here class." The teacher said, going to check what was happening.

Just like the other curious students, Seungmin went to the door to see what was happening.

It happened quickly. One of the students taken by the security ran back to the classroom.

"I've had it. No Huijun, maybe if you spoke, nobody would hate you. It's pathetic when you need Song Minjae to fight your battles. Such a shame because Minjae would've had a better school life but no. All you think about is yourself."

The security grabbed the student and escorted him out of the classroom before anything escalated. Huijun was shaking. Minjae was getting up to calm him down but the last remaining student other than Huijun that was in the class tripped him with his crutch. Huijun looked over at Minjae with an 'I'm sorry' look then put his head down. Ms. Park grabbed Huijun by the back of his neck and pulled his head up.

"Pay attention Huijun."

"We need to tell eomma what's going on in class. That beating wasn't a one time thing and she needs to know about it. Minjae your parents need to know too." Seungmin told both Minjae and Huijun.

Huijun nodded right away.

"What about Ms. Park?" Minjae asked.

"We'll figure that out with Seongjun and Junhyuk. As for now, focus on the students bullying both of you."

Minjae stayed over for a while longer before Seongjun took him home. Huijun ran up to his room to do his daily voice practices. Seungmin stayed in the kitchen to study.

"I'm heading to the school myself." Huijun overheard his eomma and hyung talking.

Everything felt so overwhelming to Huijun that it put him straight to sleep.

Even after Huijun's eomma and Minjae's parents knew and complained, it felt like nothing changed. Some students were suspended but others kept bullying. Ms. Park didn't change at all either. Even with three weeks until the open mic.

"Anything new on Ms. Park?" Seongjun asked Junhyuk.

The boys continued to find a way to get Ms. Park caught.

"Nope. I gotta go. I'll just walk so I'll see you at home, hyung." Junhyuk said, giving a farewell.

"Alright since there are no leads with Ms. Park, Junhyuk's birthday is coming up. How's the planning going?" Seongjun asked immediately.

"I already got him a gift." Minjae exclaimed.

"Are you sure he even wants a party? Last time I checked, that boy hated parties." Seungmin asked bluntly.

"Well if it's just us, he'll probably think of it as a hangout."

"I doubt that but do what you please. If he asks whose idea it was, I won't hesitate to point fingers." Seungmin said.

"So you're siding with him out of pity? Him being mute should be a clear giveaway that he's guilty. Please, I want justice for my son."

"I'm sorry ma'am, he's been questioned multiple times and no evidence we have proves he's guilty."

Ms. Park stormed out of the police station. She let tears flow down. She knew exactly why her son was dead. She knew the truth.