Chapter 9: Change - Part Three

Words-1803

Kao had just left, and now Earth was left thinking what he should do for the rest of the day, when he heard his stomach grumble. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. He went to back to his bedroom to grab his phone. He quickly unlocked it and opened the group chat with his friends, and started typing.

Earth

Hi, are you guys free for the day?

Without much delay, the replies came in.

Gun

Yup.
I was just gonna hang around the house today.
Anything up?

Fluke

Yeah, I am free too.
Wassup?

Earth

I was thinking if you guys could come by with some food. Just to, like, hang out?

Gun

OKAY!

Imma come pick you up, Fluke baby,
so be ready.
Then we can go and get
something to eat.

Fluke

Okay! Be here in 15 mins sharp!
What you want you to have tho, Earth?

Earth

Anything is fine, really.

Fluke

So, we'll be there in like 30 or 40 mins.

Earth

Okay!

Gun

But...What's your address?

Earth

Oh sorry!

*Location sent*

...

45 minutes later

The doorbell rang. Earth, who was unpacking some of his luggage, came out of his room, making his way to the entrance. Upon opening the door, he was met with a very furious looking Gun, who looked like he was ready to throw hands if someone even asked him what was wrong. And a Fluke, who was holding in his laughter with a 'just-wait-till-you-hear-it' look on his face. A very confused, but 'I-feel-like-this-is-going-to-be-fun' look holding Earth welcomed them inside.

Gun plopped down on the couch. Fluke, who had the food and drinks in his hands put it on the table in the living room. While Earth made his way over to the kitchen to grab three plates and three glasses. Fluke decided to help his friend in the kitchen, making his way over too.

"What happened to him this time?", Earth whispered as he pulled three new plates out of the cupboard.

"You know his temper. He can loose his shit over the slightest thing.", Fluke said it intentionally loud enough for Gun to hear it.

"I DO NOT!" delivering a satisfying reaction to his friend's provocation, Gun shouted from where he was seated.

Hearing this, both Earth and Fluke chuckled. Knowing his friend, Earth knew that he was definitely upset over something totally childish. But maybe that was the reason that made him cherish the latter even more. He was still a baby, if you'd ask Earth.