Chapter 5: Meeting - Part Three

Words-1614

It was the day of the meeting of the two families that Mr. Kard had set up. Earth stood in front of the mirror, fixing his necktie, while humming the new song he was obsessed with.

Earth's week went really well from the day his Uncle told him that he would talk to the other party on the matter. For example, the test he had on Tuesday, went really well, even though, he couldn't study much. He also did some baking with his Aunt, and everything they made turned out well, and Earth didn't almost set the house on fire, like he did the last time he stepped into the kitchen to make something for both of his Aunt and Uncle. To summarize it all, Earth was back to his normal self and was really happy throughout the week.

Right now, he was almost halfway ready to go out for the lunch. Halfway, because, he was not sure about the outfit he wore. He kept on frowning looking at himself through the mirror. 'Did I loose my fashion sense somewhere? Why do I look so hideous?' Earth started to question himself in his mind, as he kept turning from side to side looking for the thing making this whole look 'hideous'. He was wearing a plain white T-shirt underneath a grey check patterned suit with matching pants and a grey necktie.

After a good 7-10 minutes, he finally realised the problem in his outfit. 'IT WAS THE FREAKING NECKTIE ALL ALONG!', Earth wanted to scream as he snatched the necktie and threw it far away on the bed. "Phew I almost started questioning my dressing sense.", Earth sighed in relief.

But when he turned to look in the mirror again, to see himself without the necktie, he felt like something was missing. He then thought of something and opened the drawer of the dressing table beside him. A small black box was kept in there with some other things. Earth took out the box and processed in opening it. There was a silver necklace that his Uncle had gifted him on his birthday last month. (A/N- refer to the photo above👆🏼) He hadn't worn it even once since the day it was given to him. After admiring it for a bit, he took it out of the box, then putting the box back in the drawer and closing it. He then, carefully placed the necklace around his neck. He fixed his hair for one last time, before making sure to put on some perfume.

When he was satisfied with how he looked, he picked up his bag and phone that were placed on the bed. He unlocked his phone when he saw a notification for messages. It was from his friends in the group chat asking him about the lunch. 'We're leaving for that place rn. I'll update you guys later. wish me luck.' Earth wrote in the group chat. He placed his phone in his back and left his room to go downstairs. Mr. Kard and Mrs. Sophia stood in the middle of the living room, talking among themselves. They were both dressed elegantly.

"Oh! Earth, sweetie, you look so handsome.", Mrs. Sophia exclaimed, when she saw Earth walking down the staires. "Thank you", Earth said, feeling proud. "And you look so beautiful, as always. You too, Uncle. You look good in that suit.", Earth continued to compliment his Aunt and Uncle.

"Thank you, son.", Mr. Kard said with a proud smile.

"Thank you", Mrs. Sophia said, blushing.

"If everyone's ready, then shall we leave?", Mr. Kard said while picking up the car keys.
______                                                                       

The two families sat facing each other in a private room of a very high class restaurant that Mr. Kard had selected himself for the lunch. The room was not too big, not too small. It was comfortable and warm. 

Currently, the elders were having a discussion on the matters of business. Mr. Perth and Mr. Kard were engrossed in all the politics of the industry, while Mrs. An and Mrs. Sophia shared their own thoughts and opinions. Amongst all this, Kao and Earth sat quietly, eating. One could easily tell just by looking at Kao's face that he didn't sleep well last night. Whereas, Earth's face was completely the opposite. It was fresh and glowing. Which made Kao's face comparably more miserable. At times, Mr. Perth would ask for Kao's opinion on some topics, and as always, Kao would answer thoughtfully. Similarly, Mr. Kard would make Earth comment on things too. And Earth, even though he doesn't enjoy talking about business, or business in general, would also carefully express his opinions.