Chapter 14

I wake up and the first thing I see is Sigjon's crumpled up shirt on the floor. I breathe a sigh of relief. So, everything that happened yesterday wasn't a fever dream.

I flop over onto my back and pull the covers over my head. I am so happy I could die. Sigjon and I...did it! Well, we kind of did it. But it is a start!

I can hear Sigjon using the shower now; so what do I say to him when he gets out? Do I just get up and kiss him good morning like couples usually do? Wait; are we even a couple? We didn't really talk about what happened after it happened. We just sort of went to bed in each other's arms. That troll sure was a surprise, but I think fighting it off and saving Sigjon ramped up my energy and once it was expelled, I just passed out.

Wait. The troll. I need to call Aron right now.

I start to reach for my phone that was sitting on the end stand, when it suddenly starts to ring. It is Aron; perfect timing as always.

"Ren? Ren?" Aron yells into the phone as soon as I answer it.

I answer him in a groggy tone, "Calm down. I'm here. What's up, Aron?"

"Did something happen yesterday?" He asks.

"Can you be more specific?"

"Did something happen involving a supernatural being?" He clarifies.

"Oh, yeah. I was just about to call you to tell you. There was a troll trying to attack Sigjon and me when we were in Vaglaskógur. But don't worry, I fought it off and explained everything to Sigjon. This is when he calmed down," I say with a chuckle.

I hear a click and the call is over. Shit, maybe this is really bad.

"Who was that?" I hear a voice from behind me say. I turn and see Sigjon with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Holy shit, he looks hot.

Wait. Not now, Ren!

"Oh! Um..." I stutter nervously. "That was Aron. He asked if something happened with a supernatural being yesterday and then hung up the phone."

Sigjon narrows his eyes at me and nods his head.

"So, um," I start to say. "How did you sleep?"

"Amazing," Sigjon replies, walking over to the other side of the bed to put his clothes on.

I couldn't help but stare at his butt.

"What about you?" Sigjon ask.

I snap my attention away from his perfect ass and say, "I slept like a rock. I don't think I moved all night."

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and pick up my shirt and boxers from last night and throw them on. Before I could stand up, Sigjon sits next to me on my side of the bed and leans into me.

"I was glad to be of service to my savior last night," Sigjon whispers into my ear. It sends a hard shiver down my spine and my blood starts to boil under my skin.

I start to turn my head towards him, when the door bell rings. And it continues to ring repeatedly before I swing open the door and find Aron zoom past me into the apartment.

"Aron what is up? Is everything okay?" I say following him to the middle of the room.

Aron is pulling at his hair, his eyes wide and is whispering to himself.

"You are freaking me out," I shout at him.

Aron snaps his head up, his face full of dread, and says, "They found you."