Chapter 17

I woke up in the morning feeling relieved as fuck that I didn't have a nightmare. I look up and see Sigjon already getting his stuff together in his bag

"Good morning, Sig," I say as I stretch the sleep out of my muscles.

"Good morning sleepy head!" Sigjon says with a smile.

I smile back at him and crawl out of my sleeping bag. Sigjon walks out of the tent to get the rest of the camp in the trunk while I change into new clothes. The new clothes feel so clean and nice, I want to cry.

I stuff the rest of my belongings into my bag and meet Sigjon in the parking lot at the car. I throw my stuff into the trunk and get into the passenger seat. I wonder if he will let me drive soon. I sort of miss doing that.

I was going to ask him, but when Sigjon sits in the driver's seat, he looks at me with a shit-eating grin.

"What? What are you smiling about?" I ask nervously.

"Don't be mad. But I thought that since we were already near it we might as well go to the Blue Lagoon," Sigjon exclaimed brightly.

I furrow my brow and reply, "But don't we have to follow Lilja's map? I mean she seemed serious about it."

"I have thought about it," Sigjon starts, "It is far enough away from here that we shouldn't be easily found and plus, I already reserved us two spots so..."

I still wasn't convinced that this was a good idea. But the offer to go to the Blue Lagoon is hard to pass up. I grab at my mom's necklace, which I haven't taken off since I received it, and thought of her. I need to stay alive for her and my dad. This isn't a situation to just play around. But my dad did say that I should go to the Blue Lagoon. But, then again, Sigjon did say that it is far away. But then again, Lilja would be made. But then again, it's a good opportunity to connect with the purest water on earth, which has to mean something for me powers, right?

I let out a huff and say, "I suppose, it wouldn't hurt to go for a little bit. But we go in, experience it, and get out. No sitting around for long."

"Deal!" Sigjon replies excitedly and starts the car up. We take off down the road and begin the ride to the Blue Lagoon. Though I still have a nagging feeling that this may not be the best idea.

***

When we arrive at the Blue Lagoon, it seemed to be crawling with tourists. I tug at Sigjon's shirt and point at the buses parked outside to show him this but he pointed out that they are all going back into the bus now, so we are okay. I calm down a little, but not much.

After we park, we enter the building where we are greeted by someone who shows us where to go and get out robes and slippers. We get in and grab our robes, sandals and entry wristbands, then walk to the locker rooms to change.

In a stroke of luck coincidence, I mistook two pairs of swim shorts for underpants in the rushed packing efforts at the apartment. So both Sigjon and I have something to where, which was good because I don't think I would want to go commando.

We are walking down the isle of the locker room, when I realize that the few men that are there are buck naked in front of each other. I am panicking now because I am realizing that Sigjon and I are going to have to change in front of each other. I am still not sure how to react to him getting naked in front of me casually. Do I look? Do I not look? If I look, will it be weird? If I don't look will it be weird?

We finally find a row of lockers that have no other people around, and pick out two lockers that are right next to each other.

I open my locker and start to put my outer layers in it, when I hear Sigjon start to giggle softly to himself.