Chapter 11: A Dreamer

"Eonnie, are you sure you're gonna take the bus?" Jennie sipped on her coffee and clang her arms on Jieun's.

Jieun nodded at her absentmindedly. She's been out of her mind lately because of what happened a few days ago. Her stalker is back.

Jennie noticed how distracted Jieun was the whole day. She can't help but to worry for her friend. "You don't look like you're sure. Just let me drop you off~ Hmm?" She blinked her eyes cutely and smiled at Jieun.

"Don't start me with you aegyo, Kim Jennie."

"Aish. Fine. Just be careful, Eonnie." She smiled at Jennie. "Call me if you sense something suspicious."

Jieun just nodded at her. She's so thankful to have caring and sweet friends despite their differences in personality. Having Jennie, Irene and Nayeon by her side is such a blessing.

"By the way, Eonnie. Your mom texted me the other day."

"Huh?" Jieun already has an idea on what is it about. She knows her mom too well.

"Did you went out on a date?" Jennie can't hide the anticipation on her voice.

"Uh... It's getting late. I should be heading home by now."

Jennie chuckled at her, making Jieun roll her eyes. Jennie can be too nosy sometimes.

"Eyy~ You even used my name to cover up for your date, huh?" She jokingly slapped Jieun's arm, unable to hide the excitement for her friend. "So who's the unlucky guy?"

She glared at her friend. "He's no one."

"Yeah right, Lee Jieun. He's no one. I mean you wouldn't doll up for him and wear a sexy dress if he's not important. Yeah, he's just no one---"

"Fine. I know you'll not gonna stop pestering me about this." Jieun gave up. Knowing Jennie's eagerness, she's gonna keep asking her until she's tired of it.

Jennie stared at Jieun like a puppy waiting for it's treat.

"Well, first for all. It's not like a date-date, you know what I mean? We just met up because I had something to return to him. And that's it, nothing special." Jennie just gave her a complacent look.

"Nothing special, huh?" She whispered something but Jieun can still heart it. "Nothing special but she even wore the dress I gave her that she doesn't want to wear cuz it's too flashy. Huh."

"I can hear you, Kim Jennie."

"You like him, don't you." Jennie gave her a malicious smile.

Still hesitant to answer, Jieun just shrugged her shoulders. Jennie was astounded. It just means one thing-

"You like him, Eonnie! Ohmygosh! I'm gonna cry!" Jennie fanned herself as she held back her tears.

She's really happy that her friend is finally interested on someone. They've known each other for five years and they treat each other like sisters so they basically know everything about one another.

Jieun is known to be straightforward and frank when it comes to these things. If she doesn't like a guy, she'll straight up reject him. It's just either yes or no. So if she doesn't like the guy, she should say no, right?

"Maybe? I don't know." Jieun knows it herself, it's no doubt that she likes Jungkook.

"Gosh! You're so difficult. But at least, I now know that you're not a robot or a human with no interest in love."

"It's nothing, Jennie-ah. And you know that my career always comes first."

Jieun is a human with feelings after all. But it's not her priority. Her dreams always comes first. She's not getting any younger and she wants to achieve them while she's still young.