6) Rest

(Sorry, really short chapter)

Sarah Reese POV

I expected to be waking up to blaring sound of my alarm and feeling groggy, tired and miserable. But instead I awoke to a pair of strong, warm arms wrapped tightly around me and my head resting on a firm chest. I didn't want to be dragged from the depths of slumber because for the first time in years my sleep wasn't haunted my night terrors and I actually felt rested. As I came to I could faintly hear a deep voice speaking quietly down a phone. I managed to open my eyes a bit and I see Hank on the phone. The moment he saw me awake he told me that I could go back to sleep. Despite the fact that I needed to take my pills and I needed to go to work and I needed to face all the worries of the day it felt like none of that really mattered. Like I was completely safe and the only thing worth anything was laying with Hank. I needed to get back to sleep before my common sense came back to me. And I laid my head back onto his chest, curled into his side again and drifted back to sleep without the fear of what could be waiting for me in the darkness of my own head.

Hank Voight POV

I awoke happy. Very happy actually, but I couldn't remember why until I looked down and saw a mess of curly blonde hair framing an angelic face. Sarah was still nestled into my side and sleeping soundly. What I would give to wake up like this all the time. It was so peaceful. Then, of course, it had to be interrupted. Sarah's phone started beeping rapidly. But there was no way I was going to let her get up at her alarm. So I quickly fished into her pocket to turn off her alarm and call Maggie. I was hoping to be as quiet as possible as to not awaken Sarah.
"Maggie?"
"Voight? Why are you calling from Sarah's phone? Is she in trouble? What did that girl do now?"
"She hasn't done anything wrong Maggie. I'm calling her in sick."

I was surprised at Maggie's automatic reaction to ask what she had done wrong. But that quickly became the least of my worries as Sarah began to stir.
"Shh, it's alright Sarah. You can sleep"
I whispered softly to her. Luckily she laid her head back down onto my chest and went back to sleep pretty quickly. Then I remembered that I had to call my own work to take a day. Sarah was not disturbed by that call.

3rd POV

Hank was happy to lay there with Sarah and sleep in for once. So he wrapped his arms around her again and went back to sleep...

...after sending the audio of Sarah's confession to Erin and Jay.

Good chapter? Sorry it was so short. I'll try to get the next one out by tomorrow.
See you later, love Lizzi