We love non-reciprocated feelings

(Time skip to almost the time for the beginning of the party- you've set up all of the preparations for your plan to kill the person you hate most )

"One thing I love about parties, it's an excuse to get really cute and fancy without anyone judging or paying attention to you, which is a good thing for me because I escaped prison and everything. It would be kind of dumb for me to get overly cute and draw attention to myself, not that it wouldn't be worth it, it's just that in jail there is no opportunities to get cute," I thought to myself as I got dressed for the party.

Part of me was kind of dreading it because one tiny mishap might put me in a very uncomfortable position. I was definitely not trying to go back to jail, or worse- killed!

Honestly it felt like Erik didn't want anything to do with this party. It wasn't just now where I kind of got the vibe he wasn't feeling this whole revenge thing. He never put the same effort into this plan as I did. This operation couldn't be called "ours," actually. It has always been mostly mine. I made up all the plans, I set everything up where it needs to be. It has always been MY work. To call it even partly his would be a lie.

At this point I really couldn't care less if he didn't want to be a part of this. His part is nonexistent anyway.

In a way he felt nonexistent.

Yes I was still madly in love with the man, but our relationship could never return to its original state.

It felt like the man I love was nonexistent.

He moved on from me, when I was in jail, surviving off of the hope that he would be waiting for me, while a part of me knew he was dead, or so I thought.

Did he ever feel that way about me?

When he was with her did he ever think of me?

Sure he thought I was dead, but I hoped that even if someone told him I was dead, he would go and search for proof to back up that claim, and not stop until he found my rotting corpse.

But he didn't, did he?

He believed the girl who saved him, the first girl he came into contact with when he thought I was gone for good.

The man I loved died when I thought he did. The man I loved would have been devastated over my death, and it would have taken him more than three years to get me out of his head, and be ready to love someone else.

I guess I loved someone who didn't exist in the first place.

I swore to myself that if Erik got in my way, I wouldn't hesitate to hurt him. In no way in hell was HE going to dull my sparkle tonight, not after all of this dullness and hurt in my life.

I put on a beautiful black ballgown that had a corset laced waist, I was serving a LOOK if I do say so myself. I did my hair so it looked decent but not too beautiful because of my thoughts before, I don't want to look too good and draw attention to myself. My makeup was simple, but still made me look less dead on the outside as I am on the inside.

I glanced over at the clock next to the swan bed, and it read 8:34. It was almost time for me to meet my date!

I wouldn't ever admit this to anyone, but I wasn't just excited to kill the man who essentially ruined my life for a chunk of my life. I was excited to be with the beautiful boy from a few hours ago. Again, I have no idea what kind of person he is truly, but being around him made me feel some special way.

Kind of like the way I felt when I was with Erik in the beginning.

I knew that he would be important to me, and I don't know how. I truly felt like I have met him before.

It was nice to feel like I could have a chance with someone and have no trauma relating to them.

August was new and warm, while Erik was somewhat cold, and he is linked to some horrible moments in my life. The only "horrible" moment August is somewhat linked to is tonight's party, but it's not going to be horrible for me!