Chapter 8; A Monster...

Okay so this is an important Author's Note! I am going to make this a trilogy series. There will be 3 total books, and this is the first one in the series. I'm really excited to write them! <3
No, this is not the last chapter. There is going to be over 20 chapters in this book.

Also angstangstangst I want you to cry do it no balls-

- THIRD PERSON POV -

Shuichi hyperventilated as he tried his best to keep his soulmate alive, tears flew down his cheeks like waterfalls as he looked at the face of the criminal. Kokichi was... smiling... his eyes were half lidded as he slowly reached a hand up to Shuichi's cheek and held it gently.

Shuichi let out choked sobs. "K-Kokichi..! Don't leave me! P-Please! I-I need you..!"

"H-Hey... Shumai... i-it's o-okay... a-at least I... wasn't boring... r-right..?"

This only made Shuichi cry more and more as he heard the sirens of an ambulance ringing from the distance grow closer. "Please, Kokichi, stay alive! Please, please, please!" He was begging. Begging his love. Begging whatever god. Begging everyone. He didn't want to lose the love of his life right after he'd found him. He can't, he couldn't, he wouldn't!

And the paramedics came quickly, hoisting Kokichi into the back of the ambulance. They didn't let Shuichi ride with them. And so, he sat in a pool of his love's blood, on his knees as the liquid stained his skin and clothing.

Kyoko's shoes clacked against the concrete ground, resting her hand on Shuichi's shoulder. "Hey, Shuichi-"

"Saihara."
"-Saihara... I'm very sorry, but it had to be done-."

"NO IT DIDN'T!" Shuichi stood up, slapping away Kyoko's hand. "YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER! YOU SHOT MY SOULMATE! AND YOU SHOT YOUR OWN, TOO! CELESTIA LUDENBURG, RIGHT?! YEAH, I REMEMBER!" Kyoko's face morphed into shock, her eyebrows furrowed tightly. She was speechless.

"Get out of my sight, Kirigiri..." Shuichi's words were filled with venom.

"S-Saihara-"

"I SAID GET OUT OF MY SIGHT."

Kyoko sighed, walking away and looking back at Shuichi with regret. Shuichi stayed there for hours. Crying. Sobbing. Wondering if Kokichi would be okay.