Chapter 12; Friendship

In case y'all are wondering, the reason I'm always putting Author's Notes at the start of every chapter is because I have minor OCD that gets bothered when I don't put one here-

- THIRD PERSON POV -

Kokichi nodded. "Well hello there, my fellow criminals!" He smiled widely,"Now, tell me, why are all of you here?"

Mondo crossed his arms angrily. "I'm in for a bank robbery."
Celeste raised her hand. "I am, as well. In fact, we were partners."
Chihiro then spoke as well. "Y-Yeah, I'm here for helping them after hacking the security cameras."

"Oooh!" Kokichi smiled and clapped a little. "I see we have a squad here already! What about the rest of you?"

Nagito then spoke up, his eerie smile present on his face as it always was. "I'm in for arson and first-degree-murder!"

Everyone went silent and stared at him.

.
.
.
.
.

"Chile, anyways, what about you, Kirumi?"

Kirumi smiled, her hands folded politely on her lap. "I am here after being hired as an assassin. Unfortunately, after a reward was sent out for information on my whereabouts, the person who hired me told the police everything they knew."

Kokichi clicked his tongue, crossing his arms with a huff. "Fuckin' snitch."

"Indeed, he was."

Kokichi took a bite of the food, cringing instantly at the taste. "Eeewwwww! This food is so yuckyyyyy!" He pushed the tray away from him, his appetite now lost. "Anyways, how do you guys know who I am?"

Celeste was the one who answered this question. "You see, all of us were captured by those two detectives, Kyoko Kirigiri and Shuichi Saihara. I was even Kyoko's soulmate, and she shot me."

"Really?!" Kokichi exclaimed, excited. "Yaaay! Shuichi Saihara was my soulmate! And Kyoko shot me too! We are soooo similar!"

A soft giggle came out of Celeste's mouth, it was rather weird. "I suppose you could say that."

Kokichi then spoke. "Sooo..." he tapped his fingers on the table. "Does that mean I have prison besties now?!"

"Of course!" Chihiro spoke, his sweet smile making Kokichi doubt his guilt as a criminal. "We'd love to be friends with you, Ouma!"

Kokichi clapped a little. "Good! So..." he glanced around the room, making sure no one was looking at them. He then spoke in a hushed tone. "What's the plan?"

"What 'plan'?" Nagito spoke, also lowering his volume.

"The plan to escape, of course..!"