10 (rewritten)

The guards threw Jungkook onto his knees once they reached the king's parkour. King Chanmin smirked as he saw the boy on his knees with bloody clothes and scarred skin. This is exactly how he wanted to see all who defy him.... well except for the angry expression on the boy's face, he preferred a scared one or a pleading one.

"Tell me. Why am I here? What have I done to offend his royal highness whose ass is stuck on the throne all day?" Jungkook asked as he mentally showed the middle finger to the man upon the throne.

"Oh, you are not aware of what you are yet," the king asked, clearly surprised. The boy should've known by now what he actually is.

"Enlighten me,"

"Then it is for you to find out. But what I can reveal now, is the ones that have leaked information about who you are. Obviously, they dont know what you are, but they have told me that they wanted you dead and thus, provided some basic information," the king told.

"And who may they be?" Jungkook asked.

"Come out," The king made a gesture with his hand and 6 men came out from behind the curtain. I am not even surprised, Jungkook thought to himself as he saw everyone but Suga and Hobi giving and an emotionless face.

"If you think that this revelation would break me, then you are wrong," Jungkook told in a matter-of-fact-tone. The king let out an inelegant snort as the members went to stand by his side.

"So, when will you kill him?" Namjoon asked in an emotionless voice, he hadn't expected the king to find Jungkook that fast. They initially thought that it would take about 2-3 weeks to find the boy and within that time, they would choose if they wanted him to live or die. Looks like they wouldn't have to decide anymore since the king was going to hang the boy anyway.

"Patience. Tomorrow morning he will be hanged," he told. The king made one gesture and the guards dragged Jungkook into the cell. It was dark but smelled surprisingly well. There was a small bed, window and a bathroom attached to the cell, nothing else was there. The men chained him against the wall in a way that he could barely move.

"Why did you keep me in this room if you were just going to chain me?"Jungkook asked, clearly amused.

"King's desire, anyways no one will see your ugly face tomorrow onwards," the same captain told.

"Ugly? I was told that I look quite handsome-,"

"Shut up," and all the guards left. Jungkook just slumped against the wall, whatever had happened today left him beyond tired. He was exhausted, didnt even have the energy to try to escape.

"Oh Honey and Elena, may God punish me for since I have killed you," Jungkook muttered under his breath. Way too many tears were wasted in his earlier years, and because of that he could only afford the one that was sliding down his dust brushed cheeks slowly. His heart heaved with pain, bitterness, anger and untold sadness.

All his life he hadn't been treated like as if he was a human. Even before the members started to abuse him, they would just pretend as if he didn't exist and just give food, water and clothes. The abuse was just a physical scar, the mental damages had already been done. The minute his father was thrown into a boiler. The minute his mother committed suicide in front of him when he was 5 years old. The minute his younger sister died because of an epileptic attack.

Living with Honey and Elena, brought the actual Jungkook out. The one with a childish personality, always happy and carefree. Knew nothing about hard emotions and existed to spread happiness and laughter among his loved ones. But after they were murdered, Jungkook could feel the mask covering his face up. As if the bare face never existed.

He wished that they were still alive. Oh, and Philip. The poor baby hadn't even lived long enough to take his first step. Why must the world be this harsh? Murdering people without reason and getting away with it. Jungkook kept on reimagining the baby's dead body next to Elena and Honey. They were like his family. But now he lost them, both his families were dead.

"I am not dying tomorrow. I have to live. I have to take revenge. I have to avenge my family," Jungkook told to no one in particular. Sadness and grief werent going to stop him, instead his anger was going to fuel his vengeance.

And then he started pulling at the chains.

————