Chapter 18 - A one month anniversary of being friends

Chapter 18 - 2/2

"You can place Rufus on the table, I'll order" He said as they picked a spot to sit, his eyes roamed around intimidatingly to give every person who glanced in their way a clear message:

'She's mine'

Leah nodded her head and gave her order, Ethan smiled slightly when she ordered an extra chocolate cake for desserts.

He ordered for both of them and return back to their seat with a tray of foods and drinks. Since they were eating, Leah had put Rufus back inside the cage so that the little devil did not climb up and try to steal their food.

While both of them were chewing on a burger, Ethan felt a little playful as he saw the burger taking space of her face alone.

"Leah look" he called out making her hazel eyes snap from the window to stare at him as he opened his mouth wide and pushed the whole burger inside.

Leah laughed and did her best to swallow her remaining burger whole only to cough afterwards and Ethan pushed her drink to her quickly, giving her a sheepish apologetic smile.

"You know today is our one-month anniversary of being friends" Ethan suddenly said, breaking out the silence.

Leah lifted an eyebrow at him, "You keep in track with that?"

Ethan gave her a proud smile, "Of course I do" everything that has to do with you should be jotted down.

The girl rolled her eyes making him laugh a bit, she swallowed the food she was chewing and drink a bit of the water before looking at him, "So do you want to celebrate it?"

Ethan gave her a cheeky smile, "If you don't mind"

---------------

Leah threw her head back laughing as Ethan made weird movements with his body while she sits on the green grass on the park trying to guess what he was, her legs pointed across her.

"Is it a gorilla?" she finally said in between her laughter, she already knew the answer but it was a good laugh when she saw him trying his best to act it out. 

Ethan clapped his head, "Yes!" he said, brushing the sweat from his forehead and Leah giggled. Currently they were playing heads up at the park on the way home, Rufus was playing nearby, jumping and chasing whatever that moves.

"Your turn" Ethan said sitting down.

Leah gave him the phone and she saw the screen read 'Shark.

She immediately begins moving like a fish, clamping her hands against her forehead and bending herself to seem as if she was swimming in the vast ocean.

"Is it a giraffe?"

She shakes her head and did it again, over-exaggeratedly bite with her teeth as if to show she was eating the fishes.

"A tiger?"

Leah stomped her feet and pointed a finger at him while laughing, "You're doing it on purpose!"

Ethan shakes his head innocently, "No I am not"

Leah feign angry as she huffed loudly and continue doing it, deep inside her, she felt like it was his way of getting back at her for earlier. While she swims around like a crazed person, the sound of a snap made her turned her head to Ethan in confusion.

"Did you just take a picture?"

Ethan quickly shake his head, "How could I when I am holding this against my forehead?" he lied, licking his lips slightly as they were dry from his dishonesty. He didn't like lying to her.

"Wait, don't tell me it's a shark!" he said to distract her and her face lip up as she yelled "Yes!" excitedly, lifting both of her arms to the sky while she looks at him in exasperation.

Leah sat beside Ethan, both of their legs out pointing forward and she picked up some small sticks to play with Rufus as his little paws try to catch the moving object.

Ethan watches her from beside, his heart beating as he was almost caught by her. He didn't want her to be scared of him, not when she had become so relaxed compared to before.

He stared at her, the way her long eyelashes fluttering as she blinks, they weren't excessively long to the point that it seemed fake but they were long enough to be seen even from ahead. A tint of red hue visible in her pale cheeks as her hazel eyes focuses on Rufus, her brownish-blonde hair that she decided to tie in a ponytail swing from her movement, a strand escaping the tie and falling down naturally to her cheeks before she immediately pulled it behind her ear.

She shivered slightly as a breeze of wind came by.

"Wear this" Ethan said, unzipping his jacket all the way but before he could take it off, a hand stopped her.

"No. You'll be cold"

He stared at her, giving her a smile for her concern, "I am wearing a sweater underneath" he said, "Besides, all the acting has made me sweaty" he took off his jacket and gently put it over her.

"Then it's sweaty" Leah pouted while Ethan adjusted it on her back, he chuckled, looking at her, "Nothing I can do. You'll just have to smell like me" the possessiveness in him applaud for the idea.

Leah chuckled at his statement, deciding to wear it properly and zipping it all the way, leaving the remaining to cover her like a turtle neck. In contrast of her hands and his, the sleeves had a lot remaining so she rolled it up until her wrist and her fingers reached for the hoodie to pull it over her head.

Ethan stared at her throughout in silence.

"Then" she begins, laughing slightly as the hoodie could fall down and cover her eyes, "If you don't mind it, I'll wear it with pride"

Ethan's heart raced faster than a bullet train in japan, his eyes staring at the adorable sight of her wearing his jacket all covered and bundled up, her smile so wide and her eyes peeking underneath the hoodie. His mouth was slightly agape as he felt the intensity of his emotions suddenly rushing through him.

Was it possible to fall in love with the same person again?

"Can I hug you?"

The words blurted out breathlessly before he could even process it through.

Leah let the hoodie fell behind her so she could look at him, "Pardon?" she asked. Ethan closed his mouth and swallowed a lump of saliva, he wanted to, no, he needed to hug her, to hold her close in some form or a way, to feel her warmth and touch around him.

He felt suffocating, like he couldn't breathe until he did.

"I want to hug you" he said truthfully, "Can I?"

Her eyes blinked for a couple of seconds before she gave him a weird smile, "Sure?" she said more as a question rather than an answer, finding his request odd.

Then again, Ethan was an odd man.

She doubted she could ever understand him.

Ethan sighed slightly, before his hands, tremble as they reached for her. Leah saw that and eyed him curiously before leaning forward to close the gap. 

"Is everything alright?" she asked as she hugged his torso and rested her head on his shoulder.

Ethan's breathing hitched as he hugged her, she didn't press herself against him like he wished she would but he wouldn't force her to. His arms wounded around her waist, with a tight yet gentle hold, like she was made out of glass and he had to make sure it didn't slip from his hands, yet he couldn't hold it too tight in case it'd break in his arms because of him.

His head reached above her head, closing his eyes as he allows her scent to consume his being.

He begins to breath, because he could again.

"Now it is"