Chapter 7 - Can I wait for you?

Chapter 7

There she was, sitting at the table beside the window, her hair down framing her beautiful face as she sipped her coffee, leaving a wet stain over her delicious looking pink lips.

Ethan immediately look to the window when her eyes met his.

He relaxed when he saw her from the corner of his eye, turning to look at her sandwich on the table. 

Ethan cleared his throat loudly, swallowing the sandwich he was munching inside his mouth.

Staring at her for too long made him drool slightly.

"Do you always go to school this early?"

Leah shake her head, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "Just today since I was planning to eat breakfast before I go"

'I am glad you did' Ethan thought to himself quietly.

"Do you always come here?"

Leah shrugged her shoulders adorably, meeting his eye once in a while before looking back on her food, "Just a few times. But rarely during the morning"

"I never seen you though, even though your aunt works here" Leah wondered.

Ethan offered an awkward smile, "Yeah... This is probably my second time" he mumbled shamefully.

Ethan sighed heavily in regret when he thought of the thousand times he neglected visiting the coffee shop his aunt bought, he would have met her so much earlier if he did come often.

"What time does your first class begin?" Ethan asked curiously, changing the subject. Leah sipped her coffee, "9. Yours?"

"Same" she nodded her head before silence passed by.

After they finish their breakfast, Leah stood up to prepare to leave. "Well, thank you for the company, it was nice. Have a good day Ethan" she said with a polite smile, picking her rubbish up.

Ethan melted into a puddle hearing her call his name and was about to say something when his aunt called for him from behind. 

"Ethan, where are you going? Aren't you supposed to help me?" Leah glanced at his aunt before turning to him curiously. 

Ethan looked over his shoulder and shot a glare at his aunt with a frown, before quickly pushing his chair back in the table. 

"School is about to start" he said before following Leah out of the door. 

Jennifer stared at the figure that had walked out of the door, through the window, she saw her nephew standing beside the pretty school girl with a bewildered look.

"School...? He never goes to school...?"

-------------------

"Can I walk with you until we part ways?" Ethan asked nervously, rubbing a hand behind his neck as he looked at her hopefully. Leah thought for a moment before nodding her head.

"As long as it's not a hustle for you" she said.

"Don't worry," he begins, "It's not"

They walked until they reached a certain lamppost on the sidewalk, her school gate ahead. "This is enough." Leah said with a soft smile and Ethan nodded his head.

"You're going to school after this, right?" she asked out of the blue. Ethan blinked before his cheeks reddened at the thought of giving her an impression of him always skipping school.

So embarrassing...! She must think that all he ever does was have fun and skip schools.

He didn't want to lie to her so all he managed to say while his head hung low, away from her, was "If you want me to go then I will"