Bad News Bear

Daquan in mm.

Unique POV

.

.

.

Everyone sat in the waiting room, praying for good news. I sat tapping my foot impatiently with a red stuffy nose and tear stains down my cheeks.

It has been 4 hours and no one has come to check on us, or let alone tell us any information and I was beyond pissed.

All of the workers came and showed their condolences and Jay's grandma and dad were here.

I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply, I thought about all the memories these past 2 months. I'm scared to lose him. He was the highlight of my day from his sweet freaky funny personality to his perfect face and body to match.

"Family of Jaysean Williams." said a deep voice I picked my head up and seen a doctor.

Everyone jumped from their seats and crowded him.

"I have some great news and on the other hand bad news that may potentially turn into good news." He clicked his pen and placed it in his jacket.

"He survived, the bullet scraped against his spinal column which runs from his skull to pelvis almost touching the very bottom of his heart. So its a blessing that he survived." I sniffled and smiled hearing everyone say 'thank you Lord'.

"The bad news is that because the spinal column is the most important part of the back which keeps him up he may be permanently paralyzed." Everybody's faces turned upside down.

I looked over at Daquan and he was constantly punching the wall. "its all my fault. its my fucking fault!" He screamed

"Stop baby, please stop. Its not your fault." his girlfriend pulled on his arm.

He repeatily punched the wall as blood poured from his fists and he never gave up.

The police walked in and threw him against the wall handcuffing him for refusing to stop.

"Also, because of the tremendous amount of blood loss and plus the potential fact of paralyzation he's in acoma." He smacked his lips together.

His grandmother fell on the floor crying while everyone tried to pick her up.

"how long it's gone be doc?" Tommy said.

He shrugged, "it may be a couple weeks or months, maybe years. Were using a variety of stimulants to get him to wake up but he's not responding. I'm sorry." He frowned his face up.

My lip quivered and I felt myself get cold. I didn't want to cry I swear I didn't but its too hard. I promised to not cry, it made me feel weak and I worked too hard creating this hard aperal and I can't let myself down.

Daquan came back in with white wraps over his knuckles as he put out his cigarette.

" 3 visitors may see him at a time." The doctor said before leaving.

His dad was still trying to calm his grandmother down so me Daquan and another worker named Sean went at the time.

I walked down the cold white hallways until I got to room 351.

I covered my mouth as I felt a tear coming down my face. He was hooked up to a bunch of machines and he had needles all through his arms. His skin was pale and he looked lifeless. I watched as the lines on the monitor went up and down making this beeping noise. I hated hospitals.

"excuse me, I need help." someone yelled.

"excuse me." they yelled once again.

I walked out the room to see who it was.

"excuse me?" She walked up to me holding her stomach.

"Unique." I said with a shocked facial expression. Im suprised she doesnt know me.

"can you please call a doctor please." she held her stomach breathing short breaths.

I ran into the room and pressed a button.

"I need a doctor asap." I yelled.

"thank you so much." she said.

I love seeing a single mother do good on her o-

"Unique Corona. Daquan is looking for you." someone in the room said.

"I got to go, but you good?" I asked.

"yes. here are the doctors now." She said.

I watched as they picked her up and helped her on the bed.

I walked back on the room and looked at Daquan stare at Jay with a blank facial expression, like he was deep in thought or something.

I walked over to the bed and touched Jay's forehead. His body felt cold, I would've sworn he was dead at this point.

My nose burned and I just wanted everything to be over, I regret it all. I wish I would've went on the mission with them, I wish I wouldve never cheated, I wish I would've never answered the phone, and sadly I wish I would've never met him.

I feel so bad. My head thumped and I felt queasy. I gave jay a kiss on the cheek as a tear rolled down my face.

"imma see y'all later." I said in a faint voice.

I walked out the room into the waiting room grabbing my purse.

"you leaving already ?" His dad asked fanning his grandmother.

"yeah, I'll be back in the morning." I walked out the building.

I drove until I got to a red light and I rested my head against the stirring wheel. I heard a horn hunk and I looked up at the green light. I took my foot off the breaks and made a left going home.

When I walked in the house I threw my purse on the sofa.

I took a shower and put on a bra and panty set. When I walked back in the room I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed for the sick, I prayed for the poor, I prayed that Jay will wake up, I prayed that this was only a dream, & I prayed for whoever did this, cause after today I will have no remorse, and retaliation will be a must !

Sorry for the dull chapter.

9 votes, 5 comments.

Who shot jay ?

Who look better out of Jay and Daquan ?