𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

•••

𝑶𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝑰 𝒂𝒎 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

•••

Rosalie's POV

"Rosa, is that you?" I turned around to see who it was and I saw a familiar figure.

"Hey," I smiled at him and he sat next to me.

"What are you doing here?" Considering his place was nowhere near here, he must've come here for a reason.

"Came over to your place looking for Chris, thinking he might be there but he isn't. Did he came here at all? He hasn't come home since last night," He asked me and I sighed.

"Yeah he came here last night, but left this morning. Why are you asking me again? You should be asking Savannah, no?" He was surprised, I think he didn't expect me to know who Savannah is.

"How did you know her?" To say he's confused is an understatement. I laughed sarcastically before looking at him.

"So I guess she's the girlfriend right?" He looked down before nodding lightly. "Right, I'm so stupid to think he might actually still has feelings for me."

He put his hand around my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Rosa. You don't deserve this and he's an idiot." I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Joel, it's none of your fault. I'm the one to blame for keeping my hopes up thinking we'd still have a chance."

He didn't say anything, he just softly caress the side of my arm before I got up and looked at him.

"Just tell me this though, has he been with her long?" Chris and I broke up roughly around 5 months ago, I was just wondering if he got over me that fast.

"I think they started seeing each other around 3 months ago.." I sighed. 2 months was all I get apparently, before he decided to move on.

"Is she nice, does he treat him right?" He looked at me with sympathy in his eyes.

"Rosa you don't have to--"

"Please, just humor me for once." I insisted. He figured it would hurt me, but he doesn't know that I've been hurting since I knew about her so it wouldn't make any difference.

"Yeah, she's really sweet." I smiled. Knowing he has someone good for him is all I need to hear. That's all I ever want, for Chris to be happy even if him being happy doesn't include me. If he's truly happy then I won't stand in the way of that.

"But just so you know," He continued to talk. "I think he should've fought for you. If I were him, knowing all the memories that you shared, it's impossible to just suddenly switch all those feelings off, you know?"

Once again I smiled at him. "You can't force your feelings on people. He has Savannah now and I know him very well. She must've been real special for him to catch feelings that fast and to have it actually last."

"But--"

"No, Joel. I get that you're just trying to cheer me up but it's okay, really. I'm done fighting this feeling. He settled his, and I should settle mine." He didn't say anything else after that. "Lo siento,"

"Don't worry about it," I smiled and leaned on his shoulder, enjoying the breezy wind and the sound of waves crashing the sandy beach.

"Hey, want to get out of here like get some milkshake or something?" He asked and duh. I'll never say no to food.