Chapter 64

~~~~~For all the things my hands have held the best by far is you~~~~

Third POV:

Y/N slowly slid on the red dress that Jungkook had bought for her. She has no motivation to even smile. She looked at her reflection in the mirror but see a young woman with a sad frown.

"There you are, my sister. What is taking you so long?" Hoseok barged into the bedroom to see Y/N staring at her reflection. She turned around to meet Hoseok's gaze but she couldn't even smile. She had a dream about Taehyung.

It wasn't exactly a dream. It was more of a replay of her old memories with him. She was depressed after Jungkook left her. She kept blaming herself and Taehyung knew that. He took her out to a beach for a walk. She kept her head low and stared at the sand beneath their feet as she slowly strode towards the coast.

He placed his hand under her chin and lifted her head to meet her sad eyes. "He didn't deserve you, Y/N. You worth so much more. So, love yourself. Look at the ocean in front of us. Sometimes in the waves of change, we find our true selves. And look carefully at the shoreline. There's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline no matter how many times it's sent away. And you're going to find your ocean one day. But first, you have to love yourself," Taehyung slowly reached out for Y/N's hands. Her hands placed on top of his large hands as she started to realize she trusts Taehyung. Maybe the CEO that she despises is not that bad after all.

Y/N closes her eyes as she recalled the moment she held his hands. She wished she could hold onto him forever. But she didn't know her feelings back then. But now, everything is clear. She knew he's her ocean. No matter how hard she tried to push him away and argue to stay independent, he's always there supporting her through thick and thin. He always found his way back to help her.

"I never thought a person marrying the love of her life would be this sad," Hoseok lightly chuckled but quickly turn serious after seeing Y/N's emotionless face. She wasn't even looking directly at him.

"What's going on? Tell me. You know you can tell me anything," Hoseok insisted. He has always been her psychiatrist, a person she can truly rely on and rant about all the problems in her life.

"I don't love Jungkook like the way I used to. I try to love him again. I did try. I even accepted Mr. Jeon's offer to stay in this mansion with Jungkook so I can try to force my feelings. But love doesn't work like that. The more I think about love, the more I think about someone else."Unwanted tears slipped out of Y/N's eyes as she found herself drowning in her memories. She needed to see him.

"Who?" Hoseok simply asked. He doesn't care whether this engagement is off or not. All Hoseok cares is Y/N's well being. She's been sad and broken her whole life. She deserves happiness.

"Someone that I didn't care much before, but somehow became the only person that runs in my mind. He's unpredictable. I don't know what he's feeling or what he's even thinking. He's selfish and stubborn. He always got whatever he wants. He's arrogant. All he ever cares about is himself. But even having all those characteristics, he still cares about me. He cares about my well-being and happiness. He had sex for fun and to use people, but he never took advantage of me in any situation. He always looked at my reaction to see whether I'm smiling or frowning after bringing me to some new places to cheer me up. He's always worried when I don't eat or sleep. He would always buy some soft music and scented candles to help me sleep. He would always tell me small little things like how my cute laugh and my confident talk to make me love myself. He reminds me of how special I am every single day. But little did he know that all those things he's doing out of kindness are making me fall hard. I'm head over heels for him, but everything is late. I'm marrying someone else."

"Who said everything is late?" Hoseok asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Isn't it late? I agreed about the marriage because I don't want to disappoint Mr. Jeon. We have a freaking engagement party outside and people are waiting for me. And I don't even know whether Taehyung feels the same way about me. He's very friendly and kind. And I can never read his true feelings despite being good at reading everyone else's emotions."

Y/N sighed as she started to put on countless jewelry on her. She put a light mascara on and a bright red lipstick before she decided to step out of his room.

"Don't go. I have to tell you something," Hoseok stopped her. She turned around to face him but meet his warm embrace. He was hugging her tightly like a child.

"Marriage is not something you do as a responsibility. Your marriage with Jungkook is not your responsibility to fulfill Mr. Jeon's wish. When I got your invitation, I thought Jungkook and you were really in love and decided to marry because of love. I was happy for you. But now that I know your true feelings, I suggest you cancel this wedding. The marriage with you and Jungkook wouldn't work if you have feelings for someone else-"

"But what if I cancel all of this to find out that Taehyung didn't feel the same way?" Y/N suddenly asked, cutting Hoseok's speech.

"It's worth the shot. Take the risk and think of the possibility of things working out. You love him don't you?"

The question strikes Y/N like lightning. She never actually admit but she knew the feeling she felt for him is indeed love.

"Yes, I do. Very much." Never was she ever so sure about loving someone. She always thought she loved Jungkook, but what if that's just an entanglement of friendship and years of bond.

"Good. Then go to him. Cancel the wedding and this engagement party. I just want you to be happy, sister. If he could heal your broken heart, I believe he could heal everything that will come in your life. I don't know who he is, but I think he feels the same way too."

Y/N still doesn't believe Taehyung feels the same way for her. But for now, she knew she had to cancel the wedding because she can't marry Jungkook without love. It won't work.

She hates to disappoint Mr. Jeon and everyone at the party, but she got no choice when she's in love with a man she never expects to fall for. Kim Taehyung.

She knew she invited him to the party, and all she wanted to see was him. She wanted to take the risk and confess in front of him.

TO BE CONTINUED.....