Chapter 16: The After Story

My Frozen Heart

Epilogue; The After Story

-Jack's PoV-

Its been a while since Serena and I settled into the house that I built at the edge of North's forrest.

She's seems to have adjusted to the Guardian life- now protecting the light and belief of children, visiting them when they have doubts about believing in us.

She spends her off days drawing with her device she picked up from home, or on various canvases she makes or finds from somewhere...

"Jack?"

Speaking of;

"Yes?" I replied.

"Have you seen my blue paint?" She asked.

"Hm? Its not in you're art room? Are you out again?"

"Oh maybe- i use it too much to keep track." She laughed. "I'm going to go out and- Oops maybe later." She said before flying out the door.

"Guess duty calls huh?" I said to myself after she left.

She does that nowadays- darts off before finishing her sentences, then comes back forgetting what she was doing before and runs out again.

We do spend time together though, all the time in fact. It just doesn't seem like it most of the time... More often than naught, though she's out helping a kid, or getting more paint.

Our home has become filled with her paintings of us together, from before I became Jack Frost, and up to the present day.

"Sorry." She said as she came back through the door. "What was I saying?"

"I think you were going to get more blue paint." I said, smiling.

"Oh, right!" She laughed. "That can wait until tomorrow. How about we go ice skating?"

This time I laughed. "Whatever you want to do, Mel."

"Whatever you want to do."