Chapter 21

* this is gonna be a chapter from Noah's P.O.V
It won't be a flashback, it's gonna be a continues* enjoy 👍🏻
========================

Noah's P.O.V

I woke up feeling every cell in my body screaming from exhaustion. After stretching i looked at my left to find Lily next to me on the bed. She was fully asleep. I stared at her for god knows how long. She looked cute and peaceful. I moved her hair away from her face, and slowly so i wouldn't wake her up. I wanted to stay like this forever but it's just a wish!

My thoughts went to a dark place to i got up. I fixed my hair then walked to the bathroom to clean up.

My thoughts were slowly eating me up, so i had to get out of the room. I have this bad habit that i always smoke when i'm lost and nervous. I sat on the bench next to the room. Then i lightened my cigaret. It was not sunset time yet, but the sky was turning pink. The town was so quiet. Maybe everyone is just at the festival.

I took a deep breath thinking of all the things that happened lately. I've never been that confused in my whole life.

When i accepted to take Lily to the island, i was finally sure that this is my chance to get back what i lost few years ago, but when i got to know her, everything has changed.

I never consider that i would have feeling for her. And that idea tears the shit inside me. I was never vulnerable against girls and love. I made a promise to myself that i would focus on revenge and nothing else.

With Lily, it's different! Everything seems different and new. It's like she's the only one who could reach me for good, yet i was thinking of her as a collateral damage. Not anymore tho, but that how messed up i'm.

I got out of my mind when i heard the door got open. I threw the cigaret away when she came through covered in her jacked.

She giggled in a shy way. " i freaked out a little when i didn't find you there". I looked at her then looked back ahead. "Yeah, i was out here smoking". She frowned and sat next to me. " you smoke a lot". I took a deep breath. "Every now and then, only when i'm thinking deeply".

She sensed that something wasn't right with me, because i went back to my old attitude. " are you okay?". She asked trying to get closer to me but i answered faster to skip the weirdness. "I'm great. You slept well?".

She smiled. " yeah, it felt like i haven't slept in ages. What about you?".

My memory immediately went few years back, trying to remember when was the last time i slept like a baby, like a real one. I couldn't remember, was it when i was 14 or 17 or in my twenties! Who fucking cares! I only rest for couple of hours because my body is craving it.

" i didn't think it's a hard question". I realized she was now mocking me and i took a long time to answer her. " i just remembered something, never mind. tell me, do you want us to keep going on the roads? Or do you wanna have little fun at the festival?".

Her smile got bigger and bigger and she jumped out of her seat. " yes please, the festival". I laughed that she was that excited. " okay then, get ready, i'll wait in the car".

I went to the car and few seconds later she was in the passenger seat! She's latterly that excited. I drove off the parking lot to the main strait of the town when Lily asked me. " do you know where the chapel is?".

I was looking around trying to figure out, if i was a chapel where would i be at in a small town. Thinking logically, the chapel would be near a hospital or a police station. Why would i think like that? I have no fucking idea.

" how hard could it be to find a chapel in a small town". I finished my sentence smiling to her. The chapel were right front of our eyes! Who needs a car in this town!

Her face lit with a big smile. It seemed like the whole town is already there. I parked the truck and we got off. We walked til we were far behind the chapel. Lily stood for a while feeling amazed by all the lights and booths. I felt happy that she was happy.

To be honest, the place was amazing. Food trucks, so many different booths and many country games. It looked fun, so i decided to let loose a little. After all it's Lily's birthday.

We walked around for a while taking a good look on everything. She was looking at everything as if she was 8 not 21! It was cute. I leaned on her whispering into her ear. " you've never been to a festival before? Disneyland?".

She turned around to face me, with amazement look on her face. "Have you?". Now i felt sorry that i asked. I thought she might be at least visited Disneyland since her father is that rich, but from that look!

I hesitated to answer but i chose to answer wisely. " trust me, since you're 21, you don't miss much". She kept staring to my face. I felt that feeling again. My heart skipped a beat and i don't know why! I always lose control on my thoughts when she do that.

Thank god, Olivia ran towards us. " hey guys, you came! So, how do you find it?". Lily didn't even wait for her to finish, she just hyped up. " omg! It's amazing. I love it". Olivia looked at Lily's cloth then. " i'm glad you're happy, but actually i was thinking of something. How would you like it if you got fit in the place?". Lily was confused, and actually me too!

Olivia giggled. "Don't get me wrong! You two look great, but would you like to try something country on? There's a costumes booth right there". She pointed so we looked then i looked back. "I'm fine, thanks". I wasn't ready for some teenager to make me a some sort of a clown. But Lily was!

She looked at me. "Can i?". Who am i to tell her no! " sure".

So she ran like a kid with Olivia and they were laughing. That made me smile to see her experience some new things for her own, and not forced to experience it just because her father told her so.

I sat on a nearest bench waiting for her to get out of the damn costume booth! Is that girl just got out of there in a Dorothy of the wizard oz costume! I rolled my eyes. God let Lily wear something normal.

===========================

This chapter is also split in two since it's already more than 1000 words 👍🏻

Get ready for the next chapter 😉♥️