Chapter 28

* Noah's P.O.V *

I woke up this morning feeling like a million hammer are smashing my body. I was exhausted, both physically and mentally. No broken bones, thank god, but a broken heart i guess.

While it was only two days after i got home. Everything was silent and quiet! At first i thought they didn't care about the road trip, but giving Lucas's reaction the other day, i was damn sure there were a storm coming soon.

I know that sooner or later, i'll have to go back to work. Although, i don't have a job title, but i'm the henchman, and John Adams is a man full of all kinds of shit to take care of.

But i wasn't ready to deal with him yet. I needed to be fully strong and mentally aware, so i thought of giving myself more couple of days.

I had to wake up very early to finish some stuff. Nana was still asleep, so i didn't want to make much noises making coffee or something. So i went straight out.

Last night i called one of my friends who works with me sometimes, asking him a favor. I got downstairs to find him waiting for me at the entrance of my building. He was there in time. We shook hands, and then i gave him a paper with Ed's address on it. "Make sure to deliver the car exactly to him. And make sure to give him the envelope". I was clear enough.

I watched him drive away with the truck. The truck that will always have a special spot in my heart. The one that witnessed love and war.

I was about to go in when i saw a black car stops at the sidewalk right in front of me. I know John's cars so i wasn't surprised. I saw that coming anyway. It was a matter of time.

I looked around to find that the neighborhood was empty. I was worried if someone's around trying to get to Nana, but there were nothing, so i got in the car. Despite my thinking, John wasn't there, so the driver drove away. I do know him, so i hoped that he would answer my questions. "Good morning, Pete. Are we going to the company?". I was calm enough. He looked at me through the rearview mirror. "No, not today, mate. I'm sorry that's all i got to say". So he got orders. Fair enough!

I wondered, if we weren't going to the company, then where are we going! Is it possible for John to invite me to his house!

Pete drove until we got outside the city. My heart sank! Are we really going to the place i think we're going to? I thought of myself as a dead man.

John definitely knew about Lily and i, otherwise, why would he bring me to The ominous warehouse!

I was right! Pete drove through the abandoned dusty road that was leading straight to the warehouse.

After few minutes it was there facing our eyes. I was staring at it, trying to control my heartbeats. I saw flashes of the past, screams of pain and torture, blood and tears, and finally, a lost future.

I didn't know how to react! Should i feel fear or anger! I definitely felt revenge waking up again inside of me. Yet i always hated and feared the warehouse.

"Noah, whenever you're ready, man". Pete's voice got me cut out of my own cursed thoughts. I looked at him, realizing that i was staring at the warehouse for a while now. So i silently got out of the car, standing there, like a man waiting for his death penalty.

Pete drove away leaving me for my own fate. The gate of the place was slightly open, so i walked with heavy steps towards it. I pushed the door, feeling a shiver running down my spine.

I got in. There were nothing there but another black car. John's car!

John and Lucas got out of the car. Their faces didn't say much, but Lucas did look amused. I tried so hard to control my nerves. They definitely knew!