Chapter 30

Lily's P.O.V

4 days later, i was having my breakfast in my balcony, going through my laptop. I was bored and depressed. Linda couldn't get the keys yet. I didn't want to ask her a lot, trying not to push her or annoy her or anything. She was doing her best and that was enough.

My father came to the house few times so of course she was having troubles getting the keys. He saw me for the first time since that incident, and all he said was 'make sure to search the internet for a wedding dress'

I didn't replay to this. I'm not marrying Lucas and that was it. So i let him say whatever he wants. Damn those wedding dresses!

I looked down the balcony to fined bodyguards everywhere. I saw my father's car parking in the entrance. I was moving my eyes on the scene with laziness and boredom.

I sighed of the fact that i might be stuck in here forever, ugh!

Wait!

I thought i saw him! Is that Noah!

My heart jumped out of it's place! I'm not sure if i was right! Not sure if it's really Noah! I got up off my chair to get a better look. Is he the one in the driving seat? i can't see well through the black glass and the sun's reflection.

Linda came from behind. "What are you looking at?". I waved to her without looking. "Come, look, is that Noah in the driving seat? I can't tell".

She stood next to me trying to focus. "No, that's Pete. I can't see his face but i can tell from his tie". I sighed out of frustration. I think i miss him enough to see him in other people faces. Sadly, I sat back in my chair

She sat against me with a cheerful smile. "Wanna hear something cool?". I was so down in the moment. "Not really".

She lowered her voice. "Well, i don't know about you but, i got the keys". I looked up at her with bright eyes. I jumped off my chair. "Seriously?". She nodded.

I was excited. "Come one, give it to me". She shook her head. "No, not until your father leaves". I chuckled. "Of course! Do you think i'm that stupid! How did you get it anyway?".

"From his pockets, he was changing so i searched them after. He will leave soon". Just like that! She started to collect the dishes so i helped her to kill time until my father leaves. Although i didn't want to leave my room so i helped as much as i could then i sat in the balcony waiting.

I kept tapping on the table, nervously. But it was few minutes only and i saw my father get in the car to leave. Finally!

"Linda! Linda!". I ran downstairs to the kitchen. "He's gone. The keys please!". I expanded my hand waiting for her to put the keys on it.

She put the keys but she had to warn me. "Be carful. Don't make much noise and don't change anything's place". I nodded. "Got it".

I walked towards my dad's office with heavy feelings. I was hardly able to breathe normally. I was too nervous of the things i might find in there.

I took a deep breath then i put the keys in to unlock the door. It was now open.

I got in, feeling weird. This was the first time for me to be in this office all alone, without the company of my father and his faithful pig, Lucas.

I went behind the desk going through the files and papers. There were nothing there, just a bunch of contracts and papers of the company. Boring!

I looked down directly to my father's safe. Of course! If i want to find something interesting, it'll be inside the safe.

I tried to think of a password but how would i even know. I didn't want to touch the keys of it. I thought really hard counting the minutes i'm wasting in here. Got it!